2016 Season recap, one to remember

brittonl

This morning as I was hanging my son and I's vest up and putting away our gear I was reminded just how much I already miss the spring mornings and all of the memories that were made. Time just seems to always rush by way to quick. Literally it feels like yesterday we were getting ready for youth weekend and now here we are having said farewell.

Its no secret that its been a strange and tough season in some ways for a lot of folks. I have several close friends who are well respected turkey hunters and struggled all season long. I was very fortunate in many ways this spring and can only really credit to just being in the right place at the right time and sticking with them from beginning to end. We were able to grind through the unfavorable weather to begin with and began to hit pay dirt around the 2nd week of the season and seemed to continue to flow from there.

I was able to share success with my kids, my father, close friends & even got my wife out a couple of times and got her first shot at an old bird that unfortunately got out. I found my limit bird in late April and my oldest son finished his season with a couple of nice birds as well. He & I took our first double in early April and even made the May GON. I was able to take a really nice Volunteer bird in early May and really tried to focus on my wife's bird toward the end of the season. She really did good and look forward to working with her and getting the job done next season.

All in all the 2016 season was very good to me and I am very thankful. Kills or no kills, the memories made and new places visited and further sharpened skills are worth every minute of lost sleep. I would start it all over again tomorrow. Thought I would share my thoughts and some highlight pics with all of you who I bet may be also already missing the same thing that I am right about now. :cheers:

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 507
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 442
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 466
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 446
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 442
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 452
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 435
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 464
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 481
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 455
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 447
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 483
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 482
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 491
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 482
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 438
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 451
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:

wvdawg

Staff member
Forever memories right there! Congrats to you all.

Arrow3

Congratulations on your season

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Congrats on a great season, I really like the photos of your son sleeping and your wife with the empty shell !

sman

Still a great season! Congrats on the memories and success!

chefrific

Awesome! Great pics! The one of the young fella passed out on the tree is hilarious.

ryanwhit

Great season as usual!

Covehnter

Awesome season buddy! Enjoyed sharing it with you! You and those boys really illustrate what it's all about!