2017 Lumpkin County

PappyHoel

You got any honeysuckle patches you can watch?

Not much on this piece of property. I'm targeting the non pressured areas. I think we have a couple sleeper bucks that think they are in a sanctuary area.:)

PappyHoel

Got any young pine groves?

Yep...

It's full rut right now. A member shot an 8 this morning jet black tarsals and swollen neck. Get in the woods if your in NE Ga

tree cutter 08

I spent the last 3 days on chestatee WMA hunt. 0 deer killed. I saw 4 does all together, nothing behind them. Had a young wide 6 come in this am and a spike from another direction. They fought just for a minute and went on. Its close and things could change at the drop of a hat but it wasn't happening there.

josh chatham

It's starting in Lumpkin. Put my hands on a dandy 8 this morning and saw pics of 3 more giants that have been killed today and yesterday.

jlt4800

That's good to know I'm off work 8 of the next 10 days so hopefully I can lay a good one down!

This cold front coming aught to get things really going!

josh chatham

Sure has been a good season! Seen alot of bucks (mostly small) and seen a few really nice bucks killed this year in Lumpkin. Id say the rut is starting to slow down but who knows with this moon and cold temps... may get them frisky. Hows everybody else seeing it?

jlt4800

I saw a Big buck...not sure of points in southern Lumpkin Mon. around 9 am running across field off of 60....big body nose to the ground. I won't get to hunt again until the 14th....hopefully the big boys are still on their feet during the daylight hours.