2018 Braves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quackmasterofgeorgia

The NFL also doesn't have other referees handling the replay challenges. It's a league official.
Even then, they miss calls for the falcons, but they are still more fair in their judgement. I guess they just don't like sports teams from Georgia, lol.

biggdogg

It seems the plan is for Gohara to pitch 2-3 innings out of the pen when needed and possibly bring Allard up to either pair up with Gohara as a long reliever, or move Sanchez to the pen when he comes back and have two long relievers.

I've also seen where Winkler may be getting some closer opportunities soon. Seems Winkler, Carle and Freeman are the only dependable true relievers we have and Freeman has already been used a ton.

BornToHuntAndFish

Nice having McCarthy back in good form with a fine win like his 1st two wins. Glad the bullpen held it together, but I get nervous when Vizcaino comes in to close the game out, doing better this time than blowing the previous game.

Time = 2:56

Albies, Acuna key a 3-run 8th in a 4-1 win: 5/16/18

MLB

Published on May 16, 2018

Daily Recap: Ozzie Albies and Ronald Acuna Jr. keyed a three-run 8th inning, and Brandon McCarthy pitched well in a 4-1 win over the Cubs

DdXsLEbV0AAjR4C.jpg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Braves are doing it against some of the best teams in baseball. pic.twitter.com/vdekxHQ1w7</p>— FOX Sports: MLB (@MLBONFOX) May 17, 2018</blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Every time vizcaino gets on the mound I get sick
Same with folty

Coenen

Good win last night. You think Ozzie Albies has ever hit a ball to the outfield that he didn't think he could stretch into at least a double?

biggdogg

Good win last night. You think Ozzie Albies has ever hit a ball to the outfield that he didn't think he could stretch into at least a double?

That kid is thinking two out of the box on anything that touches the outfield grass. He is one of the most fun players to watch that I've seen in a long time.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
That kid is thinking two out of the box on anything that touches the outfield grass. He is one of the most fun players to watch that I've seen in a long time.

i bet he cant go to the mailbox without his hat flying off :bounce:

Duff

It seems the plan is for Gohara to pitch 2-3 innings out of the pen when needed and possibly bring Allard up to either pair up with Gohara as a long reliever, or move Sanchez to the pen when he comes back and have two long relievers.

I've also seen where Winkler may be getting some closer opportunities soon. Seems Winkler, Carle and Freeman are the only dependable true relievers we have and Freeman has already been used a ton.

If they are staying put with the pen for now, Winkler would be my choice.

Another great win!

westcobbdog

Oz and Ocuna are the future and it looks brighter than it has in a long long time. Glad we were up enough ( 4-1 ) to stick Viz. back out there to close it. That's the only way to get his confidence back. We have some problem areas and are still in 1st place.

toyota4x4h

How are they gonna pay for all of these young studs when pay time comes is a good question too. Ill enjoy it while we are getting acuna and albies to kill it for us for pre arb pay lol :yeah:

Coenen

i bet he cant go to the mailbox without his hat flying off :bounce:
Get Fox Sports out there to his house, I'd watch that!

I know it's random, but if Albies doesn't hit for the cycle this season I'd be shocked.

biggdogg

How are they gonna pay for all of these young studs when pay time comes is a good question too. Ill enjoy it while we are getting acuna and albies to kill it for us for pre arb pay lol :yeah:

Don't have to worry about that for 6-7 years. And the Braves will likely sign them to extensions that will buy out their arbitration years.

Coenen

Lester on the mound for the Cubbies tonight. I hope Ozzie and Ender bunt his "no-fielding" behind to death.

biggdogg

They way he throws to first, I'd imagine even Snitker could get a running lead on him...

Patriot44

Banned
Any of yall up for skipping out of work one day and hitting up a game?

biggdogg

The replay system is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.