2018 Braves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duff

I’d say their somewhere in between .500 and their winning % now. Need Acuna back + a quality starter, quality set up or 2, and a 3b. If they held off the Nats, it would be crazy.

biggdogg

They have gone .500 against some really good teams. The schedule in June is considerably easier than it has been in the last month. That said, I still say they finish above .500, but the Nats will blow the doors off of the division and the Braves just miss out on a wild card.

BornToHuntAndFish

Good having Braves 14-hits busting loose to collect needed runs on a rough road trip. Nice having rehab players getting ready for their needed return.

Time = 1:42

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Flowers' 3 RBIs help lift Braves over Dodgers: 6/9/18

Published on Jun 9, 2018

Daily Recap: Anibal Sanchez struck out five over 5 1/3 innings while Tyler Flowers clubbed 3 RBIs to help the Braves beat the Dodgers 5-3

https://www.mlb.com/braves/news/mike-soroka-to-return-from-dl-face-mets/c-280563750

Braves to activate Soroka for start vs. Mets

https://www.mlb.com/braves/news/ronald-acuna-jr-progressing-in-acl-rehab/c-280422230

Acuna begins baseball activities in rehab

westcobbdog

I like Flowers with a bat in his hand but catching is an adventure at times. Yesterday pitcher Sanchez delivers a fastball high that TF whiffed on, just skimming over the umps unprotected top of the head.

biggdogg

I like Flowers and Suzuki, but both are getting long in the tooth as far as catchers go. I'm hoping Christmas comes in July in the form of a Braves Jersey with Realmuto on the back...

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
They have gone .500 against some really good teams. The schedule in June is considerably easier than it has been in the last month. That said, I still say they finish above .500, but the Nats will blow the doors off of the division and the Braves just miss out on a wild card.

They have had a good run so far but they will fade right after the All Star break.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

someguyintraffic

They look alot different than the op description now in June. Swatting the Mets around likes flies tonite. Grand Salami by Albies. 8 - 2. top of 8th.

BornToHuntAndFish

Nice way to return home starting the series with a win to beat Mets' starting pitcher Zach Wheeler from Smyrna, GA. Yankees helped knocking off the Nationals. Must've been a blast watching that 6-run 6th-inning with Albies' 2nd Grand Slam of the season (16th HR) & Freeman's HR (13th).

Time = 2:24

Albies' grand slam powers Braves past Mets: 6/12/18

Published on June 12, 2018

Daily Recap: Freddie Freeman belted his 13th homer and Ozzie Albies launched a grand slam to cap off a six-run 6th to beat the Mets, 8-2

https://www.mlb.com/news/ozzie-albies-hits-grand-slam-to-lift-braves/c-280981848

MLB Game Recap:

Albies joins Boston's Xander Bogaerts, Cleveland's Michael Brantley and Houston's Josh Reddick as the only Major Leaguers with two grand slams this season. He's the first Brave with two slams in a season since Brian McCann in 2012 and the first Atlanta second baseman to tally a pair since Davey Johnson in 1973. He's also the first Major Leaguer 21 years old or younger to tally multiple slams in a season since Adrian Beltre in 2000.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/recap?gameId=380612115

ESPN Game Recap:

Albies, the NL leader in extra-base hits and runs, had been scuffling with a .125 average since June 1.

i

BornToHuntAndFish

Fine shutout win for the Braves. Freddie keeping his bat hot these days with a homer in 3 consecutive games, & 5 HR's in the last 7 games. Nice having winning Soroka back in fine form.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/recap?gameId=380613115

Freeman, the NL batting leader, has hit safely in 23 of his past 24 games.

Freeman has five homers in his past seven games and 14 overall.

https://www.mlb.com/braves/news/freddie-freeman-on-anniversary-of-moms-death/c-281071174

Freeman leads the NL in batting average (.344)

28-year-old first baseman was honored this week to learn that he has garnered more All-Star votes than any other NL player.

Soroka outduels deGrom in Braves' 2-0 win: 6/13/18

Published on June 13, 2018

Daily Recap: Mike Soroka carried a no-hitter into the 7th and Freddie Freeman drove in a pair in the Braves' 2-0 victory over the Mets

:bounce:

Last edited:

BornToHuntAndFish

Another nice series opener victory over the Padres with starting pitcher Sanchez delivering his 3rd win.

Tough decision coming with Braves having 6 starting pitchers for only 5 spots in the rotation.

Sanchez, Inciarte lead Braves to 4-2 victory: 6/14/18

Published on June 14, 2018

Daily Recap: Anibal Sanchez threw seven shutout innings and Ender Inciarte homered to help lift the Braves to a 4-2 win over the Padres

https://www.mlb.com/braves/news/anibal-sanchez-fires-7-shutout-innings-vs-sd/c-281289128

Braves hold on after Anibal flummoxes Padres

Veteran righty fires seven scoreless innings in opener

. . . a rejuvenated Anibal Sanchez finds himself as the creator of a good problem the Braves now have regarding their enviably deep rotation.

"We've got a good problem because we've got more starters than we can probably use right now," Braves manager Brian Snitker said. "That's something a lot of teams can't say. There are going to be some tough decisions."

"Every single year is a blessing," said the 34-year-old Sanchez. "I thank God I'm here and I've got a uniform right now for the Braves. I want to do my best every five days."

But with Mike Soroka back from the disabled list and Julio Teheran set to be activated Sunday, Snitker has a surplus within his five-man starting staff.

Mike Foltynewicz, Sean Newcomb, Soroka and Teheran likely will fill four of those rotation spots. Now the Braves must decide how to use Sanchez and Brandon McCarthy, who will start Friday's game.

:bounce:

biggdogg

I see Snitker using a modified 6 man rotation to save innings on Newcomb and Soroka, but ultimately I think Teheran, Sanchez, McCarthy or a combination of, get traded in the next few weeks.

Duff

Yes, probably so. They are doing what their supposed to do. Rolling over the bad teams. Hope they keep it up

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I see Snitker using a modified 6 man rotation to save innings on Newcomb and Soroka, but ultimately I think Teheran, Sanchez, McCarthy or a combination of, get traded in the next few weeks.

Sanchez looked pretty good last night. 7 innings pitched, 6 K's, no walks and he scattered 4 hits. 1.93 ERA and he's 3-0. Personally I would hang on to him for the rest of this season.

Duff

5 starters. McCarthy doesn’t count

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sanchez looked pretty good last night. 7 innings pitched, 6 K's, no walks and he scattered 4 hits. 1.93 ERA and he's 3-0. Personally I would hang on to him for the rest of this season.

Scared me bad when he was pulled and the pinch hitter BA was 200.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Not so good last night. The corners came loose in the 7th.

Status
Not open for further replies.