2018 Braves

Status
Not open for further replies.

BornToHuntAndFish

This game is hard to watch right now. It doesn't help knowing we face Scherzer later tonight

Oh man, forgot about having to deal with Scherzer later, but hopefully Newcomb can have a good game against him & also hoping Snitker saves enough for relief, too, but no telling if the bats saved enough in the tank for the challenge to keep us competing enough on the scoreboard.

HunterJoe24

Oh man, forgot about having to deal with Scherzer later, but hopefully Newcomb can have a good game against him & also hoping Snitker saves enough for relief, too, but no telling if the bats saved enough in the tank for the challenge to keep us competing enough on the scoreboard.

This is gonna be a rough last stretch on the players. I think I heard 58 games in 60 days with something like 4 double headers. Fried going out doesn't help that we have a very thin bullpen for later

BornToHuntAndFish

This is gonna be a rough last stretch on the players. I think I heard 58 games in 60 days with something like 4 double headers. Fried going out doesn't help that we have a very thin bullpen for later

Yep, only 1-day off left in August & only 2-days off in September for regular season. Gonna be a tough, daily grind, long haul with very little rest. Hope the next 2-hours of rest prepares 'em to do better in the evening game.

Still gotta get thru top team series with Brewers at home, Red Sox at home, & D-backs on the road to go with regular division games left.

https://www.mlb.com/braves/schedule/2018-09

Braves Calendar Schedule

BornToHuntAndFish

Sorry about having these pitching injuries & them going on the DL.

https://www.mlb.com/braves/news/max-fried-placed-on-dl-with-groin-injury/c-289261590

WASHINGTON -- Max Fried's lower back was bruised by a sharp liner, and he was feeling the immediate discomfort caused by a groin strain that has placed him back on the disabled list.

Fried recorded an out on the play, but as he walked toward the dugout, he felt discomfort caused by the groin strain suffered as he tried to avoid the baseball.

The Braves placed Fried and right-handed reliever Shane Carle (right shoulder inflammation) on the 10-day disabled list in between Tuesday's games. Right-handed reliever Wes Parsonsand left-handed reliever Adam McCreery were recalled from Triple-A Gwinnett to fill the vacant roster spots.

DkBsqUyU0AAqt-o.jpg

BornToHuntAndFish

Charlie Culberson takes Sherzer yard!
Pride of Rome, GA.

Looks like Culberson has the Nats number after his 1st game HR in the 9th followed by this 2nd game HR in the 6th. Nice way to tie the game up with both teams having 4-hits each.

MLB website says Rome for him, but local Atlanta radio & TV sports news say both Rome & Calhoun, GA for where he's from.

Gotta go back out now & chop up more wood.

BornToHuntAndFish

Nice late inning game 2 win for the Braves thanks to Inciarte's triple in the 9th & bullpen not giving up runs.

Phillies won so we're 1.5 behind 'em.

Inciarte's triple gives Braves nightcap win: 8/7/18

Daily Recap: Ender Inciarte ripped a go-ahead, two-run triple in the 9th inning to lift the Braves to a win in the doubleheader nightcap

DkC4FyaXgAA1pCZ.jpg

i

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

someguyintraffic

Haters are always gonna hate.

Don't nunya bandwagon boys come round this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.