2018 Braves

Status
Not open for further replies.

someguyintraffic

Toss em all in Washington. Can't stand Nats
as much as Yankees.

westcobbdog

Win or lose playoff baseball is fun to watch with each pitch meaningful. Without a crystal ball the predictions are just that, sorta muffled coming out of the lower regions. 1 game out and the filthy Phil’s are losing tonight.
Best time of the year with baseball and football plus hunting all in season.

DannyW

Great game tonight...the Brave could drive a stake in the heart of the Nationals with a win tomorrow.

How good was that catch by Acuna?

BornToHuntAndFish

Lots of good stuff happening in the Braves win moving closer to 0.5 games behind Phillies losing today to help out. Early game after lunch Thursday on Facebook Watch before coming home for the next Alumni Weekend series against the Brewers.

Acuna Jr. dazzles with bat, glove in 8-3 win: 8/8/18

Daily Recap: Ronald Acuna Jr. robbed a home run and hit one of his own, while Charlie Culberson and Tyler Flowers also homered in an 8-3 win

DkH-G1ZXsAAPxvt.jpg

biggdogg

Great game tonight...the Brave could drive a stake in the heart of the Nationals with a win tomorrow.

How good was that catch by Acuna?

As much as I hate to say this, do not write off the Nats yet. All they have to do is keep in striking distance and then let the Braves and Phils beat up on each other the last 2 weeks of the season. Braves and Phils are set up for a heck of a finale and could conceivably knock each other out of the playoffs with all their head to head match ups still to play.

biggdogg

And for the record, I hate the fact that Ozzie isn't eligible for ROY...

DannyW

Ugh...more growing pains. And who the heck were those relief pitchers Parsons and McCreerry? Where did they come from?

I consider myself better educated than most with the Braves team and farm system, and I have never even HEARD of Parsons and McCreery.

biggdogg

Ugh...more growing pains. And who the heck were those relief pitchers Parsons and McCreerry? Where did they come from?

I consider myself better educated than most with the Braves team and farm system, and I have never even HEARD of Parsons and McCreery.

They would be sacrificial lambs. The bullpen got used pretty hard in the double header after losing Fries to a line drive to the gut in the 2nd inning of game one. Sanchez took a liner off his leg in the 2nd inning yesterday leaving the pen to do all the heavy lifting yet again. Smart move on Snit's part.

BornToHuntAndFish

Great game with lots of double digit hits & runs, with fine pitching for the Braves win to move into a tie for 1st place. Wish we had these more often, but will celebrate 'em when we can get 'em.

Gausman, offense powers Braves in win: 8/10/18

Daily Recap: Kevin Gausman threw eight frames of one-run ball and the offense exploded for 10 runs in the win over the Brewers

Box Score Details at next 2 web links below:

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/brewers...nal,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=531146

or

http://www.espn.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=380810115

Braves twitter highlights:

All-Star Nick Markakis has doubled twice tonight, giving him a N.L.-most 35 doubles. He is the first Braves player in franchise history (since 1876) to collect at least 35 doubles in four straight seasons.

DkSaV7gWsAIRSFt.jpg

DkSPr27W0AAa6mW.jpg

vlb4T8Yf

biggdogg

I hope they saved some offense to cover the two bombs Teheran gives up. It's not a matter of if or when he gives up the home runs, it's how many will be on base when he does...

DannyW

Boy...Gausman really picked up the bullpen last night. What a great addition. I heard they are buying Acuna a 3rd row seat in left field for tonight's game...he might get more action there than on the field.

I hate it for Julio, he is a good guy, but it's becoming more obvious by the game that Sun Trust Park should not be his home field.

biggdogg

Citi Field, PetCo Park, Comerica Park and the Oakland Coliseum are the kind of parks he needs to call home. Or maybe Yellowstone...

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Back in first place for all of u non - believers !!!

BornToHuntAndFish

Biddle in relief gives up the Braves lead & trying to give away the game, unfortunately.

walukabuck

well finally had good Julio pitching tonight. Just had to take him out w/a 2-hitter going to hand it to this rotten bullpen.

Status
Not open for further replies.