2018 Braves

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggdogg

You have to be able to win the ugly games, and yes, that Brewers game was ugly.

What I find amusing is the harshest critic in here that keeps harping on the Braves and the potential to fall on their face and let their fans down.... is a Dawgs fan... old habits die hard I guess.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Nice game against the Marlins today. Got it firing on all 8 right now. For the record my complaints are with the front office.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
You say that as if the Brewers haven't been good this season.

The brewers are good hitters, but allowing 19 hits and somehow winning is not the way to go. If we keep that up then the usual September tank is coming

See how simple that was?^ The Bravos' weakness is their pitching staff. The rest of the team is solid.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
What I find amusing is the harshest critic in here that keeps harping on the Braves and the potential to fall on their face and let their fans down.... is a Dawgs fan... old habits die hard I guess.

Who? Me or Kydawg? Doesn't have anything to do with the Dawgs. The Dawgs are college football. The Braves are pro baseball. They are owned by a corporation that isn't interested in spending the money to put a world class team on the field and once an impact player becomes "expensive" they are gone. Look at all the Braves that are playing on contender teams. They have established that fact over the last several years.

Maybe they have changed their ways and I'll be pleasantly surprised. My current outlook is based on historical data. When it comes to bold talk I'm from Missouri - "Show me".

By the way, I am still watching them.

BornToHuntAndFish

Last edited:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Who? Me or Kydawg? Doesn't have anything to do with the Dawgs. The Dawgs are college football. The Braves are pro baseball. They are owned by a corporation that isn't interested in spending the money to put a world class team on the field and once an impact player becomes "expensive" they are gone. Look at all the Braves that are playing on contender teams. They have established that fact over the last several years.

Maybe they have changed their ways and I'll be pleasantly surprised. My current outlook is based on historical data. When it comes to bold talk I'm from Missouri - "Show me".

By the way, I am still watching them.

And I have watched this team for 62 years, I seen a lot more crashes in August than I have seen rallies.

biggdogg

It's a game. Some folks enjoy it for what it is.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
They may not make the playoffs but I’d be willing to bet it will be a close run to the end

someguyintraffic

Marlins reliever throwing 104 mph. Unreal they can even get a bat on it.

DannyW

And I have watched this team for 62 years, I seen a lot more crashes in August than I have seen rallies.

I feel your pain KyDawg...I have been following them 52 years since they came to Atlanta. And I have seen a lot of losing seasons, and several painful collapses. But this team just seems different...different like the 1991 team.

Or maybe I am just setting myself up for a patented Atlanta Braves crash...again.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I feel your pain KyDawg...I have been following them 52 years since they came to Atlanta. And I have seen a lot of losing seasons, and several painful collapses. But this team just seems different...different like the 1991 team.

Or maybe I am just setting myself up for a patented Atlanta Braves crash...again.

I hope you are right Danny. I started following them in 1956 when they almost won the 1956 Pennant finishing one game behind the Bums. The next year The Milwaukee Braves won the world series, beating the hated Yankees, and I was totally hooked. Used to listen to them on one of them night time clear channels on radio. I can still name the starting lineup of that team.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
When the news broke that they were coming to Atlanta, and I was the happiest boy in the state of Georgia.

BornToHuntAndFish

Impressive 2-wins for the Braves on Monday to take over 1st place with double digit hits in both games & very tough defensive great pitching giving up only a single run in each game coupled with only a small handful of hits.

A game radio stat reported Acuna hitting a HR in the last 4 games, and 6-HR's in the last 7 games.

Acuna Jr., Foltynewicz lift Braves in Game 2: 8/13/18

Daily Recap: Ronald Acuna Jr. and Freddie Freeman each homered, as Mike Foltynewicz fanned seven in eight frames in the Braves' Game 2 win

Ronald Acuna Jr. homers in 4 straight games

Ronald Acuna Jr. has homered in 4 straight games for the Braves, including leadoff shots in both ends of a doubleheader

https://www.mlb.com/news/mike-foltynewicz-braves-sweep-doubleheader/c-290224258

Acuna became just the fourth player in MLB history to hit a leadoff homer in both ends of a doubleheader, and the Braves exited the long day with a one-game lead over the Phillies. This marks the first time since July 5 they have had sole possession of first place.

Braves' rotation has posted a 2.83 ERA as the team has won 12 of its past 16 games.

Foltynewicz allowed two earned runs or less in 15 of his first 16 starts and then surrendered at least four earned runs in four straight starts

Acuna provided Foltynewicz an early lead when he drilled Merandy Gonzalez's first pitch over the center-field wall. The Braves rookie also homered off Pablo Lopez to begin the first game. He joins Harry Hooper (1913), Rickey Henderson (1993) and Brady Anderson (1999) as the only players to hit a leadoff homer in both ends of a doubleheader.

Braves twitter highlights:

Over the last 110 seasons, @ronaldacunajr24 is the youngest player to homer in four straight games.

The only other player under the age of 21 to homer in four straight over that stretch is Miguel Cabrera, who went deep five times in a four-game stretch during April of 2004.

Professional hitter @Folty25 sends @camargo home with a base knock and it's a 4-1 #Braves lead!

@FreddieFreeman5's 19th dinger of the season makes it a 6-1 #Braves lead!

The #Braves moved to a season high-tying 15 games over .500 with tonight’s win.

Dkh5a95XsAA6MNn.jpg

So about @ronaldacunajr24 in today's doubleheader. It went well.
DkhxgedWwAAciee.jpg

DkhrllWX0AEkIy6.jpg

DkhVi14UYAEqGHm.jpg

i

Coenen

Folty made it through the 6th. Anything is possible.

biggdogg

Folty made it through the 6th. Anything is possible.

He and Gausman are very similar pitchers. Maybe he can learn a little from him about pitch management.

I read that Acuna is only the 4th player in MLB history to lead off both games of a doubleheader with a homerun. He has played his way into the ROY race since coming off the DL and moving into the leadoff spot, but I think that month on the DL ultimately costs him a shot at it. Course I seem to remember another Braves rookie phenom coming up short to Hideo Nomo in the ROY race and that seemed to work out alright...

Coenen

The Soto kid in DC is a monster too. They're both great young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.