2018 Poult Report

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Seen 2 hens together today in Troup with at least 15 about a foot tall poults

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Saw 8 chicken sized poults yesterday in Lee County. Didn't see mom.

gobble79

Have seen 3 hens several times that have 6 with them. Another hen has 1 poult with her but most hens I have seen do not have any with them. Crawford county.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Same story as last year... Poults are gone and just got lonesome hens...the deck is stacked against them around here!

Arrow3

Saw 3 grown Hens with 6 or 7 half grown poults here at my house this morning and then a hen with a couple quail sized poults on my hunting club about lunch time. This was in Oglethorpe county.

DRBugman85

Went to the leases yesterday morning and had hen's and poults in every direction to and from the food plots up and down the roads,2 hens watched as we pulled up on the side of road with bitty size to flying poults (10-15) then on lease #2 we seen 5 different hens with 7-10 poults each and 3 long beards on the last food plot just feeding like no one was watching. The rain has been heavy this year in South Georgia and we were surprised to see as many poults survived this year with all the rain. Keeping the Predators under control for 5 years and food plots sure has helped over all. Hopefully next season should be another good one as this past season was.And the deer know it been a Full moon and feeding all nights from all the tracks on the roads.

Fork Horn

Got a few pictures recently of a hen with eight poults. There still very small so it must have been a late nest. Regardless, happy to see them and hope they make it.IMG_1508.JPGIMG_1509.JPGIMG_1510.JPG

Arrow3

Love having my cameras set to video

chrislibby88

Saw a hen with a 2-3 poults on the side of the road off 87 north several times over the summer. Bumped another hen with 2-3 large poults out of a tree on Ocmulger WMA two weeks ago.

humdandy

Banned
Got a group of 17 on one tract I hunt and a flock of 25 on another tract.

Also saw a group of 10-16 gobblers and jakes.....6 were gobblers.