2018 Wilkes County

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I hope your right. I had all my stands hung on isolated oaks last year. Then they didn't produce at all. Really set me back.

We are planning to plant on September 8th. When are yall going to do winter plots?

Possum

Banned
My plan is to spray, lime and fertilize august. Plow, drag and plant Sept 8th. If all things fall into place just right with my schedule. I usually try to be done with tractor work by opening day bow season but next few weeks gonna be busy and not sure if I’ll get many opportunities.

cr00241

The row of white oaks that couldn't get cut are producing. I bush hogged all this past weekend. Dove field got sprayed this week and we will burn it off soon. Got one picture of two nice bucks. I am just hoping opening day of bow season will dip down into the high 50's like last season.

cr00241

Got to check my camera this weekend. Hopefully the big one hangs around the property until opening day.

Attachments

• IMG_1917.JPG
    IMG_1917.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1920.JPG
    IMG_1920.JPG
    328.9 KB · Views: 52

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I hope you get him.

Heading down tonight. Going to spray some new plots and trim the roads.

bspitts

I sure hope these bucks stay close and continue to move in the day light.

Attachments

• Wilkes County Deer Pic 1.jpg
    Wilkes County Deer Pic 1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Wilkes County Deer pic 2.jpg
    Wilkes County Deer pic 2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Wilkes County Deer Pic 3.jpg
    Wilkes County Deer Pic 3.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 31

bowhunterdavid

Saw several deer opening weekend despite the hot weather, 3 little bucks and does with fawns. Had a chance to shoot a doe at 10 am sunday morning but really didnt wont to fool with it because of the heat. Food plots need rain bad,but deer numbers seem good this year.

Duff

Nice buck!!

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Congrats Bspitts!

I spent the first two weeks of September in Colorado. I'm headed to the club this weekend. Are the white oaks falling yet?

deermaster13

Congrats Bspitts!

I spent the first two weeks of September in Colorado. I'm headed to the club this weekend. Are the white oaks falling yet?
They were dropping some. We had a storm with some gusty winds at the house last night so I would think they really feel.

cr00241

Looks like this Hurricane will bring much needed rain this week. Cooler temps showing for this weekend. I'm ready to be in a tree with the temps below 70.

Possum

Banned
Yes sir! Gonna be down Saturday for sons youth rifle hunt. Plots should be coming up good after rain. Haven’t hunted but two mornings in Wilkes so far because of heat this year.