2019-2020 Dove Season Dates

Coop

First Saturday in September will take opening day 2019 off Labor Day weekend. Happened a few years ago the same way. Anxious to see if they make an exception or stick to the plan...

HuntinDawg89

Taking dove opener off of Labor Day weekend sucks. This likely means I cannot hunt it and almost certainly means that I cannot hunt it with my kids. Labor day weekend you don't have to worry about your kids having commitments like school sports because they have enough sense not to schedule games or practices on Labor Day weekend. So the DNR just screwed up one day a year that I look forward to spending with my kids shooting birds and knowing there will be no conflict. I'm sure September 7 will be full of conflicts for both kids.

Mark K

Banned
Taking dove opener off of Labor Day weekend sucks. This likely means I cannot hunt it and almost certainly means that I cannot hunt it with my kids. Labor day weekend you don't have to worry about your kids having commitments like school sports because they have enough sense not to schedule games or practices on Labor Day weekend. So the DNR just screwed up one day a year that I look forward to spending with my kids shooting birds and knowing there will be no conflict. I'm sure September 7 will be full of conflicts for both kids.
Pretty sure DNR has no say so when Labor Day occurs. It’s ALWAYS been the first Saturday in September.

chase870

Possum Sox
Pretty sure DNR has no say so when Labor Day occurs. It’s ALWAYS been the first Saturday in September.
And the State of Tennessee is always the 1st day of September regardless of which day of the week it is. If you can find a place to hunt there you get 2 opening days every 6 years same day opener on the 7th year