2019-2020 Plantation Duck Club Thread...

Thread starter #122
We’ve got much more panic grass this year than last. The biggest stands are in areas I harrowed in May. I put a little nitrogen on some stands just as an experiment. It’s just starting to seed now. 3D5D8A9C-BE40-49B9-9B02-4CBFFCEA2156.jpeg

Yes, half the idiots out there can’t tell a wood duck from a teal at mid day. Good luck at low light.

Speaking of idiots out there, I went and tested out push polling my new sneak/layout boat at a local lake and I notice at the little check station the DNR posted a picture of a grebe and a cormorant saying “not legal game”. If 1/2 the hunters out there can’t tell the difference between a cormorant and a duck they sure as heck won’t be able to
Tell the difference in a Teal and woodie early morning.

Speaking of idiots out there, I went and tested out push polling my new sneak/layout boat at a local lake and I notice at the little check station the DNR posted a picture of a grebe and a cormorant saying “not legal game”. If 1/2 the hunters out there can’t tell the difference between a cormorant and a duck they sure as heck won’t be able to
Tell the difference in a Teal and woodie early morning.

I have seen water turkeys, grebes, seagulls, a blue herron, and even a dang Ibis get shot during duck season at one point an time hunting public land over the years. One of the many reasons I don't do it much anymore.