2019-2020 Plantation Duck Club Thread...

Mexican Squealer

We’ve got much more panic grass this year than last. The biggest stands are in areas I harrowed in May. I put a little nitrogen on some stands just as an experiment. It’s just starting to seed now.3D5D8A9C-BE40-49B9-9B02-4CBFFCEA2156.jpeg

Mexican Squealer

Report from the club: 2 hunters. 60 teal came in before legal light, couple shots after shooting time but no dead birds. Also 12 mallards and 30 wood ducks in the pond. So stupid to not able to shoot 30 minutes before sunrise.

Mark K

Banned
“So stupid to not able to shoot 30 minutes before sunrise.”

Rules change or something since the last time I’ve been duck hunting?

kevbo3333

Yes, half the idiots out there can’t tell a wood duck from a teal at mid day. Good luck at low light.

Speaking of idiots out there, I went and tested out push polling my new sneak/layout boat at a local lake and I notice at the little check station the DNR posted a picture of a grebe and a cormorant saying “not legal game”. If 1/2 the hunters out there can’t tell the difference between a cormorant and a duck they sure as heck won’t be able to
Tell the difference in a Teal and woodie early morning.

across the river

Speaking of idiots out there, I went and tested out push polling my new sneak/layout boat at a local lake and I notice at the little check station the DNR posted a picture of a grebe and a cormorant saying “not legal game”. If 1/2 the hunters out there can’t tell the difference between a cormorant and a duck they sure as heck won’t be able to
Tell the difference in a Teal and woodie early morning.

I have seen water turkeys, grebes, seagulls, a blue herron, and even a dang Ibis get shot during duck season at one point an time hunting public land over the years. One of the many reasons I don't do it much anymore.

I have seen water turkeys, grebes, seagulls, a blue herron, and even a dang Ibis get shot during duck season at one point an time hunting public land over the years. One of the many reasons I don't do it much anymore.
Rhetts during teal season

Mexican Squealer

Saw several flocks of blue wings coming in while I was getting ready for work this am. Ponds were all fogged in at daylight so I guess they waited till the fog lifted to come eat. 2AE0DB14-5DE3-4BF1-9D89-2B80D420B1FA.png

Mexican Squealer

Great work weekend at the club. Got blinds brushed, ate some good bbq and had a good dove shoot. Gonna give the natural food a couple of more weeks to finish out then start mowing. Will start pumping by Nov 1.

Mexican Squealer

Good solo dove shoot this am, breakfast sausage processed and ready for club breakfasts. Blinds brushed. Natural foods and planted crops ready. Will spend the next week mowing food and start pumping the following week. Felt good to be outdoors this am.B17E0FD5-EA6C-4115-8DCC-3055113416E8.pngB92BBCD9-709B-4DC4-96BC-054814292B91.png1C334879-C8EE-4D93-B48E-736A95878E6E.png