2019 Lake Lanier Striper trip for disabled sportsman

Arrow Flinger

The date is set for the 2019 Lake Lanier Striper attack. This is a fishing trip for folks with disabilities. The trip will be April 6th at Little Hall Park. Please consider letting a disabled person have a great day of fishing with you. We have folks with a wide range of disabilities so any boat type will work. Of course we always need boats that will accommodate a wheel chair. Pontoons and big CC's work great. But again, any boat type will work. We are fully insured and everyone envolved is covered. If you are interested in helping out, pm me or email owlhunt@att.net and I will put you on the list.

1549983828362.png

1549983868661.png

1549983920836.png

1549983950525.png

1549983985528.png

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Heck yeah! I just got a new G3 so count me in!

Coenen

Saw the announcement on Facebook yesterday. Already been talking to Sea Trout, we are HYPED!!!

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Gimme those Florida dates quick, Slayer!
Also planning a St George Island trip in April, so it's going to be a tight squeeze...

Coenen

! After two consecutive years of coming up pre-scheduled for Florida trips, I have held off booking Florida for this.
Looking forward!
Uh oh! Awesome!

1eyefishing

I also have a quite and private basement bedroom and bathroom available for any other volunteers who are coming from some distance away. I'm still about 40 minutes away from Little Hall, but it may be close enough to help for somebody coming from further away.
Pre-fish, and spend the night here in Roswell and go back for the event, OR crash here the night after the event or whatever, or both.

russ1745

Tim - Count me in as a fishing guide. Let me know if you need me to cook BBQ, too.
Also, I have a disabled gentleman (wheelchair bound) at work who would like to participate, if possible.

Browning Slayer

! After two consecutive years of coming up pre-scheduled for Florida trips, I have held off booking Florida for this.
Looking forward!

Now with OWL on the 6th, April is now officially booked for fishing.. My wife doesn't know she won't be seeing me on weekends yet.. :biggrin2:

Browning Slayer

In, as always. Folks if you're reading this and on the fence about lending a hand, GET OFF IT! You'll have a great time with some great folks.

^this^...,.

Arrow Flinger

Tim - Count me in as a fishing guide. Let me know if you need me to cook BBQ, too.
Also, I have a disabled gentleman (wheelchair bound) at work who would like to participate, if possible.

Thanks. We will take care of the food on this one. Thanks for the offer though

Teh Wicked

I don't have a boat to offer trips, but I'm a disabled Vet and I will help out.

1eyefishing

I would like to know a little more about the process...
What time at Little Hall on April 6th?
Do I need to arrive with ice, and a few dozen blue backs in the baitwell?
Are we icing fish for photos back in the dock? Or just photos on board then release...?

Rabun

I believe we meet at 7am at Little Hall. Yes bring everything you need...ice bait, etc. Burgers and dogs will be provided for lunch at Little Hall around noon. In the past, Oakwood has donated herring to participating captains...not sure if that is the case this year. I let my guest decide what to do with the fish. If they want to keep legal fish, that is fine by me.

Browning Slayer

I believe we meet at 7am at Little Hall. Yes bring everything you need...ice bait, etc. Burgers and dogs will be provided for lunch at Little Hall around noon. In the past, Oakwood has donated herring to participating captains...not sure if that is the case this year. I let my guest decide what to do with the fish. If they want to keep legal fish, that is fine by me.
OBT is still donating 2 dozen to each boat and they open at 5am.