2019 Official UGA Football Thread

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Note: There will be an official thread for every team that has a big enough following here on GON. Most of us regulars have been here long enough to know who cheers for who and what not. These threads are meant for the fans of that school... That being said you can post in these threads if you are not for that school, just make make sure it is in a positive way. There will be no trash or smack talk tolerated.... This is your warning... and violators will be dealt with swiftly. Only one thread per team, any others found will be deleted once they are found. We enjoy the smack talk at times from rivals and such but these thread will not be used for that purpose..Carry on in the other threads as you wish as long as it's within the forum rules. We want the forum members to have a place to go talk about their football team without having to deal with smack talk from rival fans. We can all hold off of the nonsense in these threads, there are plenty of others for that types stuff. Infractions will be issued for any nonsense.Consider these threads to be like the "On Topic" forum and treat them as such.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
GO DAWGS!!!!

Swamprat

Swamprat
I will state upfront my son graduated with a masters at UF and my oldest daughter is there now in Pharmacy I have no loyalty to UF but just like good football in general even though I am not a Dawg fan as well.

I think this is the year the Dawgs get over that hump and take out Bama for SEC champ and hoping Bama has one other loss to keep them out of the playoff.

Best of luck to all....

Last edited:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
GO YOU SILVER BRITCHES!

bilgerat

Senior
the only game that has me worried is the Notre Dame game, although its a home game I just think it will be a very tough game to win. I know historically UGA has a tough time with these big games some times, and It being early in the season and it having a ton of hype already has me doubtful for a win. . I just hope they are ready for a battle. .... GO DAWGS!!!!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I will state upfront my son graduated with a masters at UF and my oldest daughter is there now in Pharmacy I have no loyalty to UF but just like good football in general even though I am not a Dawg fan as well.

I think this is the year the Dawgs get over that hump and take out Bama for SEC champ and hoping Bama has one other loss to keep them out of the playoff.

Best of luck to all....

Many thanks Swamp. Let's hope you're right. I'm and old Dawg fan from way back so I don't count my chickens until the hatch is done. Saban has a weak spot just like everybody else. We have hit all around it the last two years so maybe this year we hit it dead center and get over the hump.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
the only game that has me worried is the Notre Dame game, although its a home game I just think it will be a very tough game to win. I know historically UGA has a tough time with these big games some times, and It being early in the season and it having a ton of hype already has me doubtful for a win. . I just hope they are ready for a battle. .... GO DAWGS!!!!!

This. ^ Goiter Dame is going to be looking for revenge when they cruise into town. I hope CKS has the Dawgs on fire and they crush the Irish but putting up an L would not surprise me. This will be the game that sets the tone for the entire season. It doesn't help the first three games are all cupcakes. Vandy might brace up for the first half but we'll just put it in overdrive and then coast in neutral to 00:00 on the clock. Murray St and Arky St will be practice scrimmages but they won't be a challenge so expect the Dawgs to be flat coming of those 3 wins.

If you want to go to the Goiter Dame game and you don't have a ticket you better apply for your 2nd mortgage or HELOC now. Stubhub says $600 minimum for endzone tickets. 50 Yd Line is $1K. This game is going to be big.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Go dawgs 364 days a year!!
Whoop goiter lame!

MudDucker

Staff member
This. ^ Goiter Dame is going to be looking for revenge when they cruise into town. I hope CKS has the Dawgs on fire and they crush the Irish but putting up an L would not surprise me. This will be the game that sets the tone for the entire season. It doesn't help the first three games are all cupcakes. Vandy might brace up for the first half but we'll just put it in overdrive and then coast in neutral to 00:00 on the clock. Murray St and Arky St will be practice scrimmages but they won't be a challenge so expect the Dawgs to be flat coming of those 3 wins.

If you want to go to the Goiter Dame game and you don't have a ticket you better apply for your 2nd mortgage or HELOC now. Stubhub says $600 minimum for endzone tickets. 50 Yd Line is $1K. This game is going to be big.

Yea, bet the Goiter Dame fans don't get half the seats in our stadium like we did in theirs.

Should be a tough game, but with our line and running backs, especially is White is back in the mix, I think we will pound them into submission. That opinion and a buck gets old men coffee at Mickey D's.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I'm not worried about Notre Dame. Being Notre Dame isn't worth any points.

westcobbdog

Touchdown Jesus will likely be a top 10 team when we square off.
Think I heard they lost a lot of quality, just like we did.