2019 Official UGA Football Thread

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I just dont count my chickens till they hatch.

I don’t get this. I know what you mean but none of us have any control over it no matter when we count our chickens.

ugajay

Go Dawgs! I can't wait to get the season started. I'm thinking our depth is going to be a big factor this year. I'm hoping cager shines with his size at receiver. I'm liking our backs. Oline is a machine, with many backups starting at other sec schools. I think our dline will be better than many expect. Qb is obviously top notch. Secondary returns tons of talent and experience. Just looking forward to what we can do this year. Go Dawgs!!!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I don’t get this. I know what you mean but none of us have any control over it no matter when we count our chickens.

Dont get me wrong, I want every single egg to produce a perfect chick. I been around a long time and have seen too many things go wrong, with a lot of different teams in a lot of different sport. I just wait until they win to celebrate.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Dont get me wrong, I want every single egg to produce a perfect chick. I been around a long time and have seen too many things go wrong, with a lot of different teams in a lot of different sport. I just wait until they win to celebrate.

With age comes wisdom. :wink::rockon:

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor

So instead of getting excited about the coming season it’s better to worry about things that haven’t happened that also can’t control? I mean no disrespect but I can’t see how that’s better and it doesn’t seem like wise is what it is.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Celebrating before you win, has never worked out very good for me.

westcobbdog

KY I dont celebrate a real estate closing until afterwards when i then remove my sign from the property..otherwise it can be the kiss of death.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Brenton Cox has been dismissed from the team. No details yet. That hurts guys.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Per Saturday Down South

Dasher writes that the reason for the dismissal, which reportedly occurred Sunday, was not known at the time. Cox was arrested in April for marijuana possession, a misdemeanor charge.

I'm guessing he got caught again.

FootLongDawg

He never showed me anything. Not that I like players getting dismissed. Betcha money it was weed related. He was arrested back in April for weed. Probably failed drug test.

Last edited:

lbzdually

Banned
Per Saturday Down South

I'm guessing he got caught again.

Word is he got passed on the depth chart and didn't want to have to earn it back. He got into it with Lanning and Smart gave him his walking papers. He got into several pushing matches/confrontations last year with older players trying to show him the way. This is the one spot where UGA has the best depth. Nolan Smith and Jermaine Johnson will benefit the post from this.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Word is he got passed on the depth chart and didn't want to have to earn it back. He got into it with Lanning and Smart gave him his walking papers. He got into several pushing matches/confrontations last year with older players trying to show him the way. This is the one spot where UGA has the best depth. Nolan Smith and Jermaine Johnson will benefit the post from this.

Yeah I heard the same. He was mad that he wasn't running with the ones and got in Lanning's face. Kirby told him to get his crap and go.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
15 more days! It's great to be a Dawg!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
  • Broderick Jones (Nation’s No. 2 OT and No. 20 overall)
  • Tate Ratledge (Nation’s No. 3 OT and No. 37 overall)
  • Sedrick Van Pran-Granger (Nation’s No. 3 C and No. 101 overall)
  • Chad Lindberg (Nation’s No. 15 OT and No. 131 overall)
  • Josh Braun (Nation’s No. 21 OT and No. 279 overall)
With the addition today of Pran-Granger, Pittman has locked up his 2020 OL. Braun does not do camps, or his rating would be a lot higher. He may be the best of the bunch.

Last edited:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
There is a distinct possibility that we could end up with 5 of the top 10 olinemen in the country by national signing day.