2019 Oglethorpe County

Todd E

Man that hurts I know, been there. At least he went back to gobbling. You'll get him!
6 hours in lounger on am hunt. 4 hours in evening. I had a red head in front of me(at same location) out of range. He came in at 710pm. I had went solely with the trumpet call every thirty minutes. He came in nervous as all get out. Surveying. Alert. Slowly fanned him and he ran. LoL.

Oh well. Fun day.

I saw a bear 2 yrs ago. It was chasing a small doe. Shocked me! I am by the quarry on Turner Hill rd. My last turkey hunt was an exciting one to say the least. I was blind calling, could hear some noise but far away. I was sitting on the ground in the pines. I shifted my position and turned my head and all heck broke loose! 3 Tom's had snuck up right behind me and when I moved they went nuts! I'm not sure who was more shocked by the encounter. They were not 10 yards away. 2 flew over my shoulder and one decided to run. I just reacted and laid him down. I had to sit there for a few and let the experience sink in...

Thread starter #185
I saw a bear 2 yrs ago. It was chasing a small doe. Shocked me! I am by the quarry on Turner Hill rd. My last turkey hunt was an exciting one to say the least. I was blind calling, could hear some noise but far away. I was sitting on the ground in the pines. I shifted my position and turned my head and all heck broke loose! 3 Tom's had snuck up right behind me and when I moved they went nuts! I'm not sure who was more shocked by the encounter. They were not 10 yards away. 2 flew over my shoulder and one decided to run. I just reacted and laid him down. I had to sit there for a few and let the experience sink in...
Congrats again on the turkey Rick. Been close a couple times, just not close enough.

Back home tonight from Kentucky. Hunting, camping, eating way to much and there may have been an alcoholic beverage or 2 consumed in our camp 😁

Unfortunately tag sandwiches don't taste very good. I was close a time or 2 but those birds are no joke on Land between the lakes. Coulda, woulda, shouldas don't count.

My buddy Haven did kill a nice fat 2 year old.

I think for next years trip we are gonna do a hunt for Rios somewhere.