2019 Oglethorpe County

Arrow3

I'm also in the same boat as Neal.

I'm looking for a specific kind of place though. Low members , big acreage, trophy managed, good turkey population, not a bunch of stupid rules , and a club that's ran honest.

I know it's hard to find. I thought I had found it with my current club but I was greatly mistaken and disappointed.

More then likely I will need 3 or 4 spots because my friends are leaving our current club as well.

Arrow3

2019 Turkey season is gone . Here are a few Oglethorpe County birds me and my friends killed off our club. All birds were called to the gun , strutting and gobbling the whole way.

Looking forward to 2020. FB_IMG_1558026335431.jpg

FB_IMG_1558026331561.jpg
FB_IMG_1558026324053.jpg FB_IMG_1558026327643.jpg FB_IMG_1558026319697.jpg FB_IMG_1558026311557.jpg FB_IMG_1558026304494.jpg

Thread starter #225
Well, Summer is upon us. Temps in the mid 90's for the next 2 weeks solid with no outlook of rain. OUCH... Gonna run down tomorrow and do some work around our camp and replenish mineral licks at my SC club and move a stand. Gotta get it all done by about 10:00 or it will be way too hot to deal with. Happy Memorial day to all you OC'ers, hope you have a great weekend.

Well, Summer is upon us. Temps in the mid 90's for the next 2 weeks solid with no outlook of rain. OUCH... Gonna run down tomorrow and do some work around our camp and replenish mineral licks at my SC club and move a stand. Gotta get it all done by about 10:00 or it will be way too hot to deal with. Happy Memorial day to all you OC'ers, hope you have a great weekend.
I have the same plan, but I probably won't get to the lease till 10:30, its a 2 1/2 hr drive for me, hopefully I'll be out of there by 12:30, by the way BD it looks like we're full up on members for this year.

Went to the lease this morning, checked on everything, refilled one of my feeders, pulled a cam and put up a new one. All was good on the property, no sign of the loggers that are supposed to thin, I hope they don't wait till bow season to start again !

On the way there saw one deputy backed up in the trees before Crawford, and after leaving the lease, had one come in behind me somewhere on Stephens Grove church rd, not sure where he came from, he wasn't around when I turned off of Centerville rd. he followed me all the way to Lexington, much to his dismay I was at the limit or under it. Thanks to ya'lls heads up I was looking for them, I don't really drive fast anyway, but usually 50 or 55,,, in a lot of places where the limit goes from 45 to 35 rather quickly, so I might have gotten lit up if I hadn't been looking.