2019 Oglethorpe County

frdstang90

Just a FYI. Got a call from a fellow club member this afternoon you never want to get. Sometime in the last couple weeks our club was broken in to and wiped out. I had been down 2 1/2 weeks ago which was first time since December and had a camera that was on a trail crossing main road through our property that was missing. Guess it had pictures of perpetrators scoping our place out. If anyone hears of a lot of hunting stuff for sale around Oglethorpe pm me or Sheriff’s please.

Buford_Dawg

Dang, hate to hear that Stang90, had the same call about 5 years ago from our neighbor about our camp. Turned out to be MethHeads, OC sheriff caught them several weeks later, we never did recover any of our stuff though, but not alot taken, just had to repair the campers that got busted up per their entry.

frdstang90

Dang, hate to hear that Stang90, had the same call about 5 years ago from our neighbor about our camp. Turned out to be MethHeads, OC sheriff caught them several weeks later, we never did recover any of our stuff though, but not alot taken, just had to repair the campers that got busted up per their entry.

Sounds like same thing at our camp. Talked to one of the guys late last night and he said it looked like a bear went through his trailer. They had loaded up not only hunting stuff but toilet paper, food, batteries and everything. They had a lot of his stuff loaded up in plastic totes like they were coming back for more. They found a crowbar in the road so hopefully they can get some prints off it. Aint nothing that makes me madder than a thief.

mscamp

I got pulled on Smithonia Rd going 61 in a 45 and my wife got pulled on Hargrove Lake Rd for going 61 in a 45. So that over 15 miles over the speed limit must be right.
I never paid attention, thought the speed limit was 55. I pay attention now, and use my cruise control. He let me go with a warning, but they ticketed my wife!!

Triple C

Left the farm this morn bout 10:45 heading back home (depressing)...2 cars pulled over with blue lights flashing before I got out of Crawford. Boys doing their job. Set my cruise to 52 on Wolfskin and don't dare exceed 30 in downtown Crawford n Lexington. More I think about it the better I like it. It was once a free-for-all heading into Crawford from Wolfskin. Get in that left lane and try to get ahead of the traffic running bout 70. No more. I'm at speed limit before I hit the Valero station these days. Having been a regular in OC since 2011, I'm impressed with the lack of crime in the county. A break-in every now and then reported but not like some of the other counties. Love to see the occasional deputy easing down Arnold Caldwell Rd from time to time.

Arrow3

Yes sir . Sheriff Gabriel definitely has his guys working the county. He's very transparent too and constantly posts charts on Facebook breaking down all the arrests that have been made.

The previous sheriff was to lax in his job and it showed in the last election.

The current sheriff is a fair, level headed guy and if you get pulled over and ticketed and you think it's wrong he'll be glad to listen to you.

The speed limit restrictions are MORE then fair. There is no where in this rural county where anyone should be driving more then 15 mph over the speed limit.

Buford_Dawg

Fellow OC hunters and Friends,

Alot of things going on with my clubs this summer (clear cutting and rule changes). I am actively looking for additional opportunities in OC to subsidize what I have now. If you know of anything or have openings in your clubs, please let me know.

Arrow3

I'm also in the same boat as Neal.

I'm looking for a specific kind of place though. Low members , big acreage, trophy managed, good turkey population, not a bunch of stupid rules , and a club that's ran honest.

I know it's hard to find. I thought I had found it with my current club but I was greatly mistaken and disappointed.

More then likely I will need 3 or 4 spots because my friends are leaving our current club as well.

Arrow3

2019 Turkey season is gone . Here are a few Oglethorpe County birds me and my friends killed off our club. All birds were called to the gun , strutting and gobbling the whole way.

Looking forward to 2020.FB_IMG_1558026335431.jpg

FB_IMG_1558026331561.jpg
FB_IMG_1558026324053.jpgFB_IMG_1558026327643.jpgFB_IMG_1558026319697.jpgFB_IMG_1558026311557.jpgFB_IMG_1558026304494.jpg

Buford_Dawg

Well, Summer is upon us. Temps in the mid 90's for the next 2 weeks solid with no outlook of rain. OUCH... Gonna run down tomorrow and do some work around our camp and replenish mineral licks at my SC club and move a stand. Gotta get it all done by about 10:00 or it will be way too hot to deal with. Happy Memorial day to all you OC'ers, hope you have a great weekend.

transfixer

Well, Summer is upon us. Temps in the mid 90's for the next 2 weeks solid with no outlook of rain. OUCH... Gonna run down tomorrow and do some work around our camp and replenish mineral licks at my SC club and move a stand. Gotta get it all done by about 10:00 or it will be way too hot to deal with. Happy Memorial day to all you OC'ers, hope you have a great weekend.

I have the same plan, but I probably won't get to the lease till 10:30, its a 2 1/2 hr drive for me, hopefully I'll be out of there by 12:30, by the way BD it looks like we're full up on members for this year.

transfixer

Went to the lease this morning, checked on everything, refilled one of my feeders, pulled a cam and put up a new one. All was good on the property, no sign of the loggers that are supposed to thin, I hope they don't wait till bow season to start again !

On the way there saw one deputy backed up in the trees before Crawford, and after leaving the lease, had one come in behind me somewhere on Stephens Grove church rd, not sure where he came from, he wasn't around when I turned off of Centerville rd. he followed me all the way to Lexington, much to his dismay I was at the limit or under it. Thanks to ya'lls heads up I was looking for them, I don't really drive fast anyway, but usually 50 or 55,,, in a lot of places where the limit goes from 45 to 35 rather quickly, so I might have gotten lit up if I hadn't been looking.