2020 TBG Northern Zone Hunt

chenryiv

The Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia (TBG) will be hosting it annual Northern Zone Hunt at Rocky Mountain PFA (hunting area) on November 6th, 7th and 8th, 2020. I’d like to welcome ALL BOWHUNTERS to join us and share a campfire and some good stories. We have reserved the Group Shelter/Primitive Camping Area and plan to provide a hardy meal on Saturday evening, so please plan on attending.

If you have any questions, please contact TBG - Northern Zone Representative Crispin Henry at 404-939-2495. We look forward to seeing you there.

Rocky Mountain Recreation & Public Fishing Area
4054 Big Texas Valley Road, N.W.
Rome, GA 30165

Rocky Mountain PFA
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiM5ObfzojdAhWMnOAKHaVcA8QQFjAAegQIAxAB&url=https://georgiawildlife.com/rocky-mountain-pfa&usg=AOvVaw0XnpuptMrDy6PfmVoMRC87

Reactions: EJC

EJC

Always wanted to make one of these hunts and meet some of the guys. Probably wouldn’t camp as I might have to work, but I don’t live too far away. Hope I can make it.

chenryiv

Always wanted to make one of these hunts and meet some of the guys. Probably wouldn’t camp as I might have to work, but I don’t live too far away. Hope I can make it.
Hope you can make it. We'd love to have you join us.

Clipper

Camping is free but you have to buy the daily parking pass. Is that still correct?

Recurve

Don't know how long you are planning on staying but you can call Rocky Mtn. Office and get a $35.00 (or 30.00) yearly parking permit and they will give a permit number over the phone you can use to park until your permit arrives in the mail, which you should have within a week. The permit is good for a year from the day you buy it.

JohnL89

Was looking forward to going since its right down the road from me, but I couldn't get the time off. Maybe next year

strothershwacker

Bucks are starting to stretch their legs. The moon orta be bout right this weekend with cool temps to boot! Orta be a good hunt!

hambone76

I’ll be down there for the morning hunt, but unfortunately I will have to leave after midday. I have a lot going on with work and family. I hope to be able to meet up with y’all before I head out.

splatek

UAEC
Little one picked up a bit of something, sickness. Unlikely I’ll be able to join. Was really looking forward to meeting a few fellas

hambone76

I didn’t know my way around the place very well, so I picked a spot at random and hit paydirt. No arrows were loosed, but I saw 4 does, a spike and a really nice and mature, chocolate-racked buck cruising. All in all, it was a really successful morning for me. Unfortunately, I had to leave without being able to meet any of y’all.
1200F769-0506-4283-9F71-97C39738B5A1.jpeg
920D3414-E892-4972-B270-244D95636E67.jpeg

JB in GA

So how did you guys make out at Berry? I hope that the rain held off and that a good time was had by all.

strothershwacker

So how did you guys make out at Berry? I hope that the rain held off and that a good time was had by all.
It was a good hunt. As usual at a TBG hunt i met some more great guys. Several deer sightings. I missed 2 deer! Caught up with some old friends. Crispin provided an absolutely amazing meal. A custom homemade chili that had a lot of ground meat & even some smoked sausage in it. Great conversation and fellowship. If you've not made it out to one of these hunts your really missing out. Thanks to Crispin for hosting a good hunt and thanks for everyone that came out. I enjoyed it!Screenshot_20201108-123504_Messages.jpg20201106_182155.jpg

dm/wolfskin

It was a good hunt. As usual at a TBG hunt i met some more great guys. Several deer sightings. I missed 2 deer! Caught up with some old friends. Crispin provided an absolutely amazing meal. A custom homemade chili that had a lot of ground meat & even some smoked sausage in it. Great conversation and fellowship. If you've not made it out to one of these hunts your really missing out. Thanks to Crispin for hosting a good hunt and thanks for everyone that came out. I enjoyed it!View attachment 1049061View attachment 1049066
That's a mean looking crew right there.

Latest posts