2023-2024 Hunting Regs

transfixer

I suppose its just as well I'm not in my old club this year, and I've pretty much come to the conclusion to forget about deer hunting as a result, won't be a big loss it seems though, as I likely wouldn't be seeing many deer after this year in Oglethorpe county, as the state has insisted on the theme of " ya'll guys just kill em all , we're gonna let you shoot the momma's and future momma's all season long now ! " have at it boys ! :rolleyes:

35 Whelen

I suppose its just as well I'm not in my old club this year, and I've pretty much come to the conclusion to forget about deer hunting as a result, won't be a big loss it seems though, as I likely wouldn't be seeing many deer after this year in Oglethorpe county, as the state has insisted on the theme of " ya'll guys just kill em all , we're gonna let you shoot the momma's and future momma's all season long now ! " have at it boys ! :rolleyes:
Forget about deer hunting? Please, say it ain't so!

transfixer

Forget about deer hunting? Please, say it ain't so!

I was in a club for over 40yrs, one that my Dad and I started, hunting the same piece of property the whole time, added an adjoining piece for a few years, my Dad passed away and I didn't hunt for a couple years, let someone else run it, they lost the additional tract because of lack of members, I got back in the club the next year, helped build it back up with good members, couple of years ago one of the members decided he shouldn't have to follow the rules any longer, started doing as he pleased, current guy in charge of club wouldn't do anything about it, I did as much as I could, but not having authority to get rid of the guy, I couldn't solve the problem, told the guy currently in charge either get rid of the problem member, or I was gone, he's scared of the guy, so he does nothing, myself and another member drop out, current guy in charge still hasn't done anything with problem member , thought he might lose the lease ? but somehow he held on,

I have no desire to try and find a club I can fit in with, and having hunted public land in the past a few times I have no desire to go there , so I'm out !

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I was in a club for over 40yrs, one that my Dad and I started, hunting the same piece of property the whole time, added an adjoining piece for a few years, my Dad passed away and I didn't hunt for a couple years, let someone else run it, they lost the additional tract because of lack of members, I got back in the club the next year, helped build it back up with good members, couple of years ago one of the members decided he shouldn't have to follow the rules any longer, started doing as he pleased, current guy in charge of club wouldn't do anything about it, I did as much as I could, but not having authority to get rid of the guy, I couldn't solve the problem, told the guy currently in charge either get rid of the problem member, or I was gone, he's scared of the guy, so he does nothing, myself and another member drop out, current guy in charge still hasn't done anything with problem member , thought he might lose the lease ? but somehow he held on,

I have no desire to try and find a club I can fit in with, and having hunted public land in the past a few times I have no desire to go there , so I'm out !
Hate to hear it, but I feel ya. I hope I never feel that way though. All I got is public land down here, but fortunate enough to have a cousins invite to Kentucky each year. Even that trip is basically a 1 week trip With a very promising expectation of killing more than 1 deer, maybe even a buck. But, I need much more than that for my fix! When it’s cold outside I don’t have much expectations here in GA, but I enjoy the time in the woods.

transfixer

Hate to hear it, but I feel ya. I hope I never feel that way though. All I got is public land down here, but fortunate enough to have a cousins invite to Kentucky each year. Even that trip is basically a 1 week trip With a very promising expectation of killing more than 1 deer, maybe even a buck. But, I need much more than that for my fix! When it’s cold outside I don’t have much expectations here in GA, but I enjoy the time in the woods.

I will miss the camping for two or three days at a time, and the use of the land for long range target practice the most, while I did try to put one deer in the freezer each year, the thrill of taking one wore off me many years ago, I've taken deer most ever year since I was 16, I'm now 62, took my largest rack 8pt the last year I was in the club, I'll miss the evening campfires and watching the sunrise as a deer nervously walks through the woods, but with the current regs the way they are the area I hunted will suffer, greatly . So I'm really glad I won't be there to see it