.22 handgun

mudcreek

Thread starter #1
In your opinion who makes the most accurate 22 handgun capable of scoping to be used to shoot squirrels?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Hard to beat a Ruger Mark series, or a Browning Buckmark. I'm partial to my Ruger MK3 22/45 myself. Very accurate and reliable pistol, and it came with mounts.

Another vote for the Ruger 22/45. I have a cheap $25 Chinese red dot/ holographic sight on it and it shoots a lot better than I do. My son with his younger eyes can stack them up with it.

pdsniper

41 S&W hands down the most accurate 22 production pistol ever made but I don't know how you can mount a scope on it plus the only way to get a new one now is threw their custom shop and they are about 2000.00 used they go for 1000.00 and up I have one with the long slide and muzzle break they are highly sought after by competition shooters be awful expensive to shoot squirrels with

vonnick52

I have a uncoverted ruger single six that amazes me every time I shoot it.

Missed the scoping part, but I'm sure someone has done it.

ryanh487

I shoot charcoal briquettes at 25 yards with the irons on my buckmark hunter. I've killed a handful of squirrels with it while sitting in the deer stand. I had a scope on it for a while but it added too much weight and bulk with little improvement over accuracy without it.

Buckhead

If you don’t mind a single shot, consider a TC Contender/G2. The platform is scope friendly and with a .22 match barrel, you will have an extremely accurate rig. With sub sonic ammunition you should easily achieve half inch groups or better at 50 yards.

Big7

Ruger. Semi or revolver, you can't go wrong.

And before the stuff starts, I have both as well
as a "big" Ruger.

Best pistol or revolver on the planet.
Right out of the box..

Got a few rifles too.. Also the best out of the box, IMO.

Just sayin'

K17 S&W with 8-3/8 barrell

smooth action right out of the factory, don't need a scope because of the long sight plane.

It will shoot the eyes out of a tater at 30yards

If you don’t mind a single shot, consider a TC Contender/G2. The platform is scope friendly and with a .22 match barrel, you will have an extremely accurate rig. With sub sonic ammunition you should easily achieve half inch groups or better at 50 yards.
^ This. I coon hunted with this setup for about 15 years. Rifle accurate. I have a bull barrel buckmark that is super accurate too but I’ve only shot the iron sights on it.

The most accurate hand gun that I own and I have shot a lot of different ones.It is my Anschutz Exemplar pistol.It is a bolt action clip feed and it is scoped with a 2x8 leupold scope.It will out shoot any thing I own or have shot.I use it to shoot asprin tablets with at 50 yds.I have 2 of them one is a 10in brl and the other is a 14 in brl.

Ruger mk3 hunter or target pistols shoot real good. My favorite all time is a ruger single six hunter. Exchangeable 22lr and 22mag cylinder, built in scope mounts for ruger rings and 7.5 inch barrel.

RUGER hunter model, Mark 3 or 4, comes drilled and tapped and with a scope base, I had a 2X Leupold on mine, it was minute of squirrel out to 40-50 yds.