22 Mag recommendation

Offroadtek

Ruger Super Single-Six is a sweet handgun to carry and shoot. That and a Savage bolt gun make a nice combo.

Of course if you want true compatibility get a Keltec PMR and CMR. Both 30 rounds and same magazines.

Ruger Single Six.

those are nice reliable guns, with the option of changing out the cylinder to shoot 22LR, so you can shoot more, cheaper.

If you weren't interested in that aspect, I would sure check out the Ruger Single 9. It has the full frame size, and holds 9 rounds instead of 6

I know a lot of people will not agree with me, but I have enjoyed my Keltec PMR30 22 mag pistol with the 22 round clip. I have heard of some people having problems with them jamming, but I have shot well over 500 rounds thru mine and never had one issue with it firing. I am very careful about shaking the rounds down in the clip. I do not put over 15 rounds in a clip either. It comes with two clips.

pacecars

Ruger single action

flynlow

Student at the Hard Knock School of Aerodynamics
I know a lot of people will not agree with me, but I have enjoyed my Keltec PMR30 22 mag pistol with the 22 round clip. I have heard of some people having problems with them jamming, but I have shot well over 500 rounds thru mine and never had one issue with it firing. I am very careful about shaking the rounds down in the clip. I do not put over 15 rounds in a clip either. It comes with two clips.
I didn't realize they have a 22 round magazine, I thought they were all 30 rounders, hence pmr30. Been wanting one of these for long time, I've seen couple places advertise for $379 lately but I'm cheap so I'm waiting for them to come down little more. I know 2 other guys with them and they say same thing about jamming, it's all in the ammo and how you load the mags.

I didn't realize they have a 22 round magazine, I thought they were all 30 rounders, hence pmr30. Been wanting one of these for long time, I've seen couple places advertise for $379 lately but I'm cheap so I'm waiting for them to come down little more. I know 2 other guys with them and they say same thing about jamming, it's all in the ammo and how you load the mags.
You are right, I just dont put that many rounds in the clip. I have never put 30 in it. One reason is after you get over 20 it gets tough on the old arthritic hands. I was thinking before I typed.

fishfryer

You are right, I just dont put that many rounds in the clip. I have never put 30 in it. One reason is after you get over 20 it gets tough on the old arthritic hands. I was thinking before I typed.
My hands have the same problem,didn't notice it until the birthdays really started stacking up. Reckon there's any connection there?

Buckman18

Not sure if it’s still on sale, but I got this Heritage Rough Rider for my wife for Christmas for $99.99 from Academy. It’s a 22lr, and there was a coupon for $30 for a 22 mag cylinder. Not sure what the Ruger single 6 cost these days but this was a decent deal also IMO. It’s shoots good!

Not sure if it’s still on sale, but I got this Heritage Rough Rider for my wife for Christmas for $99.99 from Academy. It’s a 22lr, and there was a coupon for $30 for a 22 mag cylinder. Not sure what the Ruger single 6 cost these days but this was a decent deal also IMO. It’s shoots good!

That is a good deal. I am going to try to find one just like it.

pdsniper

I have both handguns both shoot great if you get a PMR 30 get one thats the Gen II they have all the bugs out of those and they will feed and fire any 22 mag ammo, I also have an AMT Auto Mag II they are collectors item now but they are super accurate