22 Mag recommendation

Depending on how much you plan on using a .22 pistol, you can't go wrong with a Ruger single six, but the Heritage Rough Riders are good pistols for the money, I bought one years ago to carry when we went out fishing, came with both cylinders, it also served to let the kids learn how to shoot a pistol, I still have it, probably about 1000 rds of LR through it, and it is still tight, still shoots great, very accurate, They can be found on sale at some local gun stores from time to time.

Darkhorse

I like my stainless Ruger single six convertible. I tote it along every time I go to the woods. Very accurate and dependable.

bfriendly

Depending on how much you plan on using a .22 pistol, you can't go wrong with a Ruger single six, but the Heritage Rough Riders are good pistols for the money, I bought one years ago to carry when we went out fishing, came with both cylinders, it also served to let the kids learn how to shoot a pistol, I still have it, probably about 1000 rds of LR through it, and it is still tight, still shoots great, very accurate, They can be found on sale at some local gun stores from time to time.

If someone finds one of these on sale, let me know............been wanting one for a long time. It’d be my recommendation and suggest getting both cylinders.

transfixer

If someone finds one of these on sale, let me know............been wanting one for a long time. It’d be my recommendation and suggest getting both cylinders.
If you're meaning the Heritage Rough Riders ? I've seen them on sale at Cherokee gun and pawn from time to time,

Rabun

Depending on the intended use, the Ruger LCR series is a nice lightweight option. I carry the .22 short barrel double action only in my pocket loaded with four rat shot and four shorts while walking the woods. They make a 3" barrel external hammer that holds six .22 WMR as well.

CZ 457 American in a bolt action

Henry if you want a lever or a pump.
This got me thinking about semi-auto in magnum. Ruger put one together on the 10/22 platform a year or 2. But doesnt CZ have a auto in the magnum ?

Rabun

This got me thinking about semi-auto in magnum. Ruger put one together on the 10/22 platform a year or 2. But doesnt CZ have a auto in the magnum ?
I was looking at those a while back but read they had issues with FTF and FTE's (the 10/22 mag). I opted for the model 96...basically a 10/22 mag lever gun.

rosewood

I was looking at those a while back but read they had issues with FTF and FTE's (the 10/22 mag). I opted for the model 96...basically a 10/22 mag lever gun.
Brother has the 10/22 mag. Never had any issues with it as far as I know.

I have the marlin 922M myself.

I have heard that they have updated the RPM 30. I got to trade mine in on one of those. 22 Mag is one of my favorite rounds, I have two rifles that fire them, and have killed a few Coyotes with them. My weapon of choice for coyotes, is still the 204 though.