22 Mag recommendation

Darkhorse

I like my stainless Ruger single six convertible. I tote it along every time I go to the woods. Very accurate and dependable.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Depending on how much you plan on using a .22 pistol, you can't go wrong with a Ruger single six, but the Heritage Rough Riders are good pistols for the money, I bought one years ago to carry when we went out fishing, came with both cylinders, it also served to let the kids learn how to shoot a pistol, I still have it, probably about 1000 rds of LR through it, and it is still tight, still shoots great, very accurate, They can be found on sale at some local gun stores from time to time.

If someone finds one of these on sale, let me know............been wanting one for a long time. It’d be my recommendation and suggest getting both cylinders.

transfixer

If someone finds one of these on sale, let me know............been wanting one for a long time. It’d be my recommendation and suggest getting both cylinders.

If you're meaning the Heritage Rough Riders ? I've seen them on sale at Cherokee gun and pawn from time to time,

rosewood

Rabun

Depending on the intended use, the Ruger LCR series is a nice lightweight option. I carry the .22 short barrel double action only in my pocket loaded with four rat shot and four shorts while walking the woods. They make a 3" barrel external hammer that holds six .22 WMR as well.

greg_n_clayton

CZ 457 American in a bolt action

Henry if you want a lever or a pump.
This got me thinking about semi-auto in magnum. Ruger put one together on the 10/22 platform a year or 2. But doesnt CZ have a auto in the magnum ?

Rabun

This got me thinking about semi-auto in magnum. Ruger put one together on the 10/22 platform a year or 2. But doesnt CZ have a auto in the magnum ?

I was looking at those a while back but read they had issues with FTF and FTE's (the 10/22 mag). I opted for the model 96...basically a 10/22 mag lever gun.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
My cousin has one in SS and refused to sell it when I said name your price.
He trades anything but not that little 22 mag.

rosewood

I was looking at those a while back but read they had issues with FTF and FTE's (the 10/22 mag). I opted for the model 96...basically a 10/22 mag lever gun.
Brother has the 10/22 mag. Never had any issues with it as far as I know.

I have the marlin 922M myself.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have heard that they have updated the RPM 30. I got to trade mine in on one of those. 22 Mag is one of my favorite rounds, I have two rifles that fire them, and have killed a few Coyotes with them. My weapon of choice for coyotes, is still the 204 though.

GunnSmokeer

By the way, if you find a Heritage Rough Rider single action 22 revolver that comes only with the "22 Long rifle" cylinder, you can order a 22 Magnum cylinder from the factory. All Rough Rider revolvers by Heritage have the same frame size and bore dimensions, and they will use magnum cylinders if you have one or buy one.

This is what a majority of the other websites about guns say on this issue, but a couple gun chat message boards have people posting that it will not work because they say the bore diameter is different or the frame is longer for the magnum version.
That is not true for Heritage Rough Riders. I called the factory today, and asked for somebody in the technical Q&A side of customer service.

rosewood

I have the Rough Rider with both cylinders and the adjustable sights. Has always shot well. Front fiber optic fell out. Heritage wanted to charge me like $10 to send me a replacement insert. Finally ordered some tru glo inserts from midway when I had an order in to save on shipping. Have used the spares on other thing sense.

Also have a Taurus 941. Love the size of gun, but the trigger is awful and I never seemed to shoot it well. I put in a reduced hammer spring and it would fail to fire in double action. It would fire in single action. Put the factory spring back in. Used that same spring in a model 85 38 special and it has worked flawless. I think the rim fires take a harder strike to ignite over a center fire.

Rosewood.

krizia829

Keltec PMR30! Fun gun to shoot

rosewood

Keltec PMR30! Fun gun to shoot
I have considered one. They have came down on the prices also. At one point, they were well over $500, seems like I have been seeing them in the $400 range or below lately.

Rosewood

krizia829

I have considered one. They have came down on the prices also. At one point, they were well over $500, seems like I have been seeing them in the $400 range or below lately.

Rosewood
Yeah they've gone down a bit. I used to sell firearms at Bass Pro and they were so hard to come by! They were rarely ever available. I used to see them at our local gun shows but they wanted way too much money for them

SC Hunter

My brother has the pmr 30 and I've shot it alot and love it. I've got 1 marlin 22 mag rifle and 2 marlin .17 rifles and a savage 22 mag. I've also got the heritage 22 mag/22LR pistol that I enjoy. I keep one of the 22 mags or 17s in the truck all year round.

abrannon

To match the 22 Hornet there are only two choices. Go with a TC or a Taurus Raging Hornet. The Raging Hornet shows up sometimes on Gunbroker.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
I would think long and hard about the Kel Tec PMR 30. The idea was great but the execution was poor on Kel Tec's end. Even in the new gen 2 "corrected" models. Don't get me wrong, it can be a great gun but you will have to tinker with it to get it to cycle correctly. Out of the box, it's pretty much a single action pistol. After magazine modification, an aftermarket set of recoil springs and a pretty drastic feed ramp polishing, I love mine. It only seems to like CCI Maxi Mag ammo. If you want something reliable out of the box, this gun is not for you I promise.