.224 Bullets with cannelure

hoffy

I just ran out of Remington 55 grain HP bullets with cannelure. However, they are no longer available so now I have been looking around for different bullets but I need them to have a cannelure and I prefer expanding 55 grainers. Anybody prefer some over others?

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Why do they have to be cannelure bullets? I have never had any problem without cannelure bullets in my AR-15. I reload Sierra Game Kings that have a boat tail. They are not cheep, but very accurate. For hunting I use the 65 grain Game King SPBTs.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 9.14.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 9.14.47 AM.png
    395.4 KB · Views: 4
  • upgraded colt .png
    upgraded colt .png
    679.3 KB · Views: 3

BriarPatch99

Why do they have to be cannelure bullets? I have never had any problem without cannelure bullets in my AR-15. I reload Sierra Game Kings that have a boat tail. They are not cheep, but very accurate. For hunting I use the 65 grain Game King SPBTs.

I have never crimped any of my AR bullets even if they have a cannelure.... either ...

JMN1976

if your not trimming all your cases to the same length then your wasting your time with having a bullet that has a cannelure - I have reloaded thousands of 223 and when I did try crimping it resulted in several per 100rnds that would be long resulting in excessive crimp and creating either a buldge on the shoulder or a disfigured crimp that would result in chambering issues so not worth the benefit

if your plinking then I see no reason to crimp - on the other hand if your benchrest shooting for scores I can understand, but would assume your also shooting a better bullet than run of the mill cheapest by the thousand bullet and your catching brass because you have spent alot of hours on full case prep

for me it resulted in too much trouble for plinking and a waste of time - I never saw a need since I didn't need battle ready ammo and it does take quite a bit of force to seat a bullet deeper in properly sized brass