2400 lives lost

Pop

76 years ago today, A Day That Will Live In Infamy, Japanese war planes attacked Pearl Harbor and more than 2400 Military personnel and Civilian lives were lost.

Let's not forget this great sacrifice that these people made.

This is not being taught in our Schools any longer, so we must keep our young people educated on our past and always remember our Military, ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL

God bless all of our Service Men and Women who have served and are now serving.

From a Brother in Arms

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Amen and God Bless.

God less all those serving and defending our Country today:flag::flag::flag::flag:

deerslayer357

Amen

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Amen. God Bless America, and its protectors.

rydert

Blue Heeler man
When I was younger, I worked for a man that was stationed at Pearl harbor during that attack. He said he tried to get down and hide behind a jeep but there were so many planes flying in so many different directions ,after the initial attack, that there was no side of that jeep to hide behind as to not get shot at......being young and not knowing any better, I asked several more questions about it, but that was the only story he would tell me...hard to imagine how scary that was for those folks there.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Amen....

3ringer

Good day to watch Tora Tora Tora . God Bless those that sacrificed so much.

T-N-T

:flag:

PappyHoel

Never forget, that's my grand dad far left on my avatar. He signed up immediately after. Fought in France and Germany.

Meriwether Mike

Never forget those who died for our freedom.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
When I was younger, I worked for a man that was stationed at Pearl harbor during that attack. He said he tried to get down and hide behind a jeep but there were so many planes flying in so many different directions ,after the initial attack, that there was no side of that jeep to hide behind as to not get shot at......being young and not knowing any better, I asked several more questions about it, but that was the only story he would tell me...hard to imagine how scary that was for those folks there.

Way back when I worked for a couple of years with a survivor of the Bataan Death March. He was a POW in Japan from then till the end of the war. He told me some stories that would keep you awake at night.

joepuppy

God bless everyone who sacrificed for our freedom. May we never forget the price that has been paid.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
I worked with two guys in their sixties 30 years ago, they were on a ship that had just left Pearl Harbor. They turned around and went to the battle. They were inseparable forty something years later. One was a machine gunner and the other fed him ammo................

I chose 7 Dec as the date for my last flight, ever, as an Army helicopter pilot back in 1995. I asked another pilot in the unit who had flown back in Vietnam if he'd like me to give him his annual check ride as my last mission.

I always take pause on 6 June and 7 December every year to remember those terrible days in our nation's history that saw much blood shed in the name of freedom. I like that I also have a small memory of my own to associate with one of those days.

3ringer

I chose 7 Dec as the date for my last flight, ever, as an Army helicopter pilot back in 1995. I asked another pilot in the unit who had flown back in Vietnam if he'd like me to give him his annual check ride as my last mission.

I always take pause on 6 June and 7 December every year to remember those terrible days in our nation's history that saw much blood shed in the name of freedom. I like that I also have a small memory of my own to associate with one of those days.

Could you still fly one today. Is it like a bicycle , you never forget. I flew in a Huey one time at the Atlanta Raceway. That was my first and last time in a helicopter. The flight engineer got a kick out of me turning green.