25.1 pound bass caught

dcrail

Has anyone else seen this show on the national geographics channel were these three guys go out in search of a world record bass in southern california.They actually catch this bass one time and it weighs like 21 pounds and they release it,then three years later they catch the same fish(had a black dot on the gill plate)and it weighs 25.1 but it was foul hooked so it could not be counted as a new world record. http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/wild/4026/Overview

Cletus T.

Oh yeah……I know all about this ole chestnut. That show was very interesting BTW and also the whole story line surrounding this fish and these 3 childhood friends was great. The fish was nicknamed “Dottie” and there are all kinds of controversy surrounding this fish. She was a infamous fish for sure!

BlackSmoke

Heard about ol Dottie for years now. That was a great documentary, and too bad she was foul hooked on that last catch

rex upshaw

if i recall, dottie died in the past year or so. it makes you wonder, if other folks hadn't seen that the fish was foul hooked, would those guys have tried to enter that fish, instead or releasing her?

Money man

I think I would be divorced if I spent as much time chasing a fish as those three guys did. They were on the lake every day according to the show....or pretty close to it.

HacksawJimWagons

man o' man the contraversy surrounding that fish...

i admire ol' guy so much for ADMITTING that she was foul hooked...he could have said anything....good man good man...

I think I would be divorced if I spent as much time chasing a fish as those three guys did. They were on the lake every day according to the show....or pretty close to it.

i think i remember a huge reward out there for catching a new world record back then...maybe there still is....

for a million or so, i'm sure the wife could forgive us all...now GO GET IT!!

BigYves

over 70 days straight on the water. My kids would be calling someone else dad after that long

dcrail

Every day for 4 months if I remember right,I think I would also be in a world of hurt if I spent that much time on the water!!!!!! I do think that the next world record will come from california as another guy has caught several in the 20 pound range at a different southern california lake!!!The record will fall,It's just a matter of time!!!!!

Jr Branham

Sowbelly

If you want to read about this type of stuff, get the book titled "Sowbelly". It talks about the guys who are in pursuit of the world record and the lengths that they go to. It also talks about the trio that caught the fish, remember this was written before they foul hooked that fish. These guys (Mike Long, Bob Crupi, etc) are fishing hundreds of days per year, losing sleep, losing friends and family.

Benito

Sowbelly - One of most enjoyable books I've ever read......Really interesting/funny/sad what some of these guys have and are doing to try to get the Record.

If you haven't read it, HIGHLY recommend! Even non-fishing addicts will enjoy (I think the forward is by Tom Brokaw! It's a great book....)

BEN

dcrail

But talk about the sponserships you would get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would it be worth it??????