.270 vs. 30-06

.270 vs. 30-06

Votes: 50 47.2%
  • 30-06

Votes: 56 52.8%

• Total voters

AWirt

I love my .270 when I use it. Model 70 featherweight...shoots groups that look like Mickey Mouse's head.

Adam

Buzz

AWirt said:
shoots groups that look like Mickey Mouse's head.

Adam

Umm, yeah...

I can't say I have ever shot a group (good or bad) and said "you know what that looks like Mickey Mouse's head."

::huh:

LOBO

I NOW USE A REMINGTON .270 RETIRED MY 30.06 PARKER HALE..KILLED MORE DEER WITH MY 30.30 MARLIN.... :shoot:

BULLDOG FAN

I have both and prefer the .270. Less kick and if you accidentally hit a shoulder the .270 will not mess up the meat nearly as bad.

Ga-Spur

Those 2 calibers are basically the same. The 30.06 has more factory loads to choose from. I'd have to choose the 30.06.

Guy

Like the .270 better. Less kick than an '06. A little flatter shooting too!

Bullet choice makes a bigger difference.

But the '06 is still a great round.

Mikeyslydog

If all you have is one gun, then that is what you are for. Me I have a selection to choose from. .270 aint my choice. Whitetail deer is not what it was designed for. It was smaller game “prairie dogs” too many deer are wounded by .270 shooters and lost every year.

THe 30-06 is more versitile with the loads that you can shoot.You can down grade and shoot varmits but upgrade and shoot elk or moose

dixie

06's

I load .270 casing all the time for my 06. Just resize the casing and your good to go. you can use either brass in the 06, I shoot a 06 because of the all different bullet weights and types of bullets you can get for it the wide range of powders, and the different effects they cause. the 270's good, your just limited in your choices of ammo. Other than that, the specs are almost the same for them.

Last edited:

How2fish

Shot a Ruger No.1 in 06 only for 24 years....year 25 was also my 50th B'day..so I treated myself to a new rifle..looked and shot a passel of makes and calibers....ended up with a lefthanded m77 ruger in 06......nice gun.From varmits to moose if it possitivily needs killing now it OUGHT to be a 06...

H

HT2

Teeth.....

The 30-06 of course.....

It has more numbers than the other one...... ;)

fredw

Retired Moderator
Have both, use both. Preference would be the '06. Greater bullet selection available.