3 Shots, 3 Deer.

confederate

Well I have unstrung the Excalibur for the year. I took my third Doe yesterday at 15 yards. My first year with a Crossbow was great. I cant say enough about the accuracy of my Exocet. All three Deer shot were perfect hits at 15, 18 and 31 yards. I will spend next week scouting and getting ready for the rifle season. Its time to concentrate on Big bucks now that I have a little meat in the freezer.

mpowell

congratulations on your season so far. i've never used a crossbow before. guess i've got too much practice time and money in my regular bow to think of switching.

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Congrats Confederate

on your successful season, and welcome again to the Excalibur community of believers :clap: :clap:

BTW, after rifle season it is fun to get the excal out again and shoot it off and on all year, at least thats what I enjoy :D

Good luck on the BIG one ;)

leo

Vectorman

If your excal has the dissipator bars, be sure to remove the pads when you unstring it for the season. If you don't, you will have to buy new pads next season.

Vectorman

gabowman

Been reading alot about the cross bows this year and the better ones sounds awesome. I still enjoy the challenge of my bow so I havent considered getting a xbow yet but if I ever had a reason to go to that typoe weapon I wouldnt hesitate. Sounds like the challenge is still there for the xbow shooters too. Congrats on the 3 shots/three deer you got this year. Hope you get that big 'en with your rifle. Im gonna stick with my bow a little longer. Still wanting to play and have a little more fun. ;)

GB

ramblinrack

that is a sucessful bow-season by anyones standards. congratulations charles, and good luck on gettin a goodun in the cross-hairs this season!
:D