3 WT Bream

goblr77

I took a solo trip Saturday afternoon and had quite a time. I was fishing along catching a few small ones here and there and stumbled upon a bed. A dozen or so hand sized bream jumped on the bea bea bug quickly. It sure is fun watching them crush it in clear water.

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpeg
    IMG_0015.jpeg
    323.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0016.jpeg
    IMG_0016.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0018.jpeg
    IMG_0018.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0021.jpeg
    IMG_0021.jpeg
    422.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0027.jpeg
    IMG_0027.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 58

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Fine mess of fish, and a fine mess of fun!

Anvil Head

Making my shoulder ache with envy. Just had shoulder surgery and it will be awhile before I can fly a bug. Always love getting into a mess of bream like that.

goblr77

That's a nice mess of bream! Bet it was a blast on the 3 wt. How do you like the TFO?

I love the BVK. It's one of the faster 3 wt rods I've fished. Most 3 wt rods are too slow for my preference. The only downside is they'll break. I've broken two but TFO will have them back within a week for $35.

Buckhead

I think a 3wt is about perfect for panfish. Allows the use of small poppers, provides good distance and still able to enjoy the fight.

I also have a 00, a 1 and a 2 in addition to my two 3s. All Sage. While I enjoy the really light rods, distance, wind and fly size can be a problem with UL rods. Anything over a 4 wt is overkill for bream in my opinion.