30-30 Ackley Improved

Big7

What would be the advantage of the 30-30 AI over a regular 30-30?
NOTHING!

If you want to go up a bit... Get another caliber..

Ole' P.O. did a lot of good on some (already) high-performance rounds..

Only so much you can get outta' 30-30.:bounce:

I just got my NEF rechambered to 30/30 A.I. I already had a Ruger #1B rechambered to 30-06 A.I. There are benefits, you will get a bit more velocity, if that floats your boat, or maybe, like me, You just want one.

Yes, I know that this is an old thread, but I've been away for a while in Newnan at the CTCA for most of last year....

Ha. I remember this thread. I thought I knew what I was talking about back then... but I definitely didn't. :rolleyes:

As I haven't fired a factory load in I dunno how many years from my 30/30 or anything else for that matter I've been loading up the empty brass that I found in a wooden box in the shed. I use 6.6 grains of Bullseye and a 160 gr. Lee bullet that I have an ancient mold for, and do gas check the bullet. It fire forms the case wonderfully. I have yet to receive my die set for the 30/30 A.I. I also have a whole lot of standard 30/30 cast bullet loads that I loaded up many years ago. I did notice that a full powered load fire forms the brass just as well as my mouse **** loads do.