35 pound Allatoona striper...

russell dobbs

I had planned on fishing rain or shine today. I told Arnie last night I was going unless it was a major down pour. Started off very slow for me.
First I need to give a big thank you to Cy, Extreme guide, he told me to try this area and I did. I waited for him to leave cause he had customers& I was not going to crowed them. Boated several nice hybrids, a spot and a white. Saw a lot of bait just under the surface and decided to put out a med gizzard. Bigger than the bait. Headed back out to open water.
Sounded like someone drove a truck in the water.
There were two guys fishing in a bass boat watching me fight the fish. Got the fish to surface and I forgot my net at home. Asked if they had one and they came over and helped me net and land the fish. And I needed ever bit of their help. Thanks again guys. They took the pictures.

Attachments

• photo-12.jpg
    photo-12.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,933
  • photo-24.jpg
    photo-24.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,887

dieselengine9

Dang you can write that thing off as a dependent! :bounce:

russell dobbs

Forgot, and very proud of this, just converted a med action down rod with 20lb big game to a free with a swivel with 8lb seagaurd leader. Thanks guys.

Coenen

Great catch!

Out of curiosity, what's the lake record on 'Toona? You don't hear about it producing too many fish in that class.