350 Legend

weagle

I think this will be Winchesters most successful release since the .308 , .243 winchester release in the 50's.

The 350 legend will initially be available in a bolt rifle, but it's main selling point is that it will work in an AR platform. Also target ammo is only $9.99 per box, again targeting the AR crowd.

I want a mini mauser or Howa Mini bolt in 350 Legend. Ballistics are very close to .35 Remington.

weagle

img_8811-jpeg.1553363

Not me, personally. I already own .356 Win (2), .358 win, .35 Whelen and .350RM. I just, recently, sold my M750 Carbine in .35 Whelen. Excellent rifle with about as much power as you'll find in a semi-auto, but didn't fit my needs as well as my other .35s.

Decent Kentucky buck, opening morning 2016 with the 750 Carbine. The 750 and my BLR/.358.

1112160806-1-1.jpg1211151415a-1.jpg

Reactions: Dub

bullgator

Pretty smart to include a suppressed load from the start.

NCMTNHunter

Looks to me like it still falls short of any muzzleloader that will burn 150grains of powder. I guess the main advantage would be follow up shots.

leoparddog

If I could run this with just a new AR upper, I might be interested. How is this really any different than the 357 maximum ? The 350 Legend case is a bit longer it seems. Isn't it really just a renamed 357 Max with a different rim?

Will it fit into an AR magazine with out deeply seating the bullet?

So a little more reading on the AR-15 forums and yes this is doable in an AR-15 upper and lower. The mag modification seems like can be DIY as well.

I already cast and load for a .357 Mag and my interest is this is going up. I hope PSA gets an upper on the market soon.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
If I could run this with just a new AR upper, I might be interested. How is this really any different than the 357 maximum ? The 350 Legend case is a bit longer it seems. Isn't it really just a renamed 357 Max with a different rim?

I think just needing a new upper is the purpose of it.
Its almost like a .35 BLACKOUT,just a little longer.
It is about 1/10 of an inch longer than the 357 max, which when handloaded, should offer a boost over the Max.

Last edited:

weagle

That's the appeal. It is based on .223 basic brass, which is simply .223 brass that has not been necked down. All you need for an AR is the correct upper. Apparently 20 round .223 mags work. CMMG has already announced an AR chambered in the 350 legend.

Since it's based on the .223, standard AR bolt carrier groups work. Also it feeds well in a bolt action.

This round has been around in wildcat form for a while. You do need to seat the heavier bullets pretty deep, but modern powders still provide acceptable velocity.

This idea has been in my head for a while seeing how I'm a HUGE fan of 357 mag in all it's form and have a plethora of components in the same diameter . I want this so bad in a new AR upper for hunting deer and hogs . I'm not a wildcatter so this will have to take off with a huge following before I take the plunge . I could actually see this as replacing my beloved 7.62 x39 rifles and stock which is really saying something ! 9.99 factory Ammo , cast bullets , pistol bullets and possibly cheap brass ! What's not to love all in an AR ?

Lilly001

T
I’m interested because I deer hunt in Ohio where they only allow straight-walled cartridges. I have a Martini Cadet and I’m currently looking at having it rebarrelled in .350 Legend. Originally, I was going to do .357 Maximum.
That is what I'm watching for. How does it compare to the .357max? A rimless equivalent opens up real possibilities. And made from .223 brass? A real winner in the makings.