37 years ago

At this very moment I was killing ducks on the Savannah
River. How can I remember this,
Later that day I married my bride.
She still makes my coffee before I go hunting,

MudDucker

Staff member
Awesome ... my bride wants me to slip out quietly and leave her sleeping.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Y'all are doing something right. Congratulations.

kingfish

Congrats !!! I worked and lived in Savannah back in the mid 80's. Is the Laurel Hill Wildlife Drive still around ? I've been duck hunting an awful long time, and never in my life have I seen the numbers of Bluewing Teal like there. The last time I actually saw the sun get blocked out by birds. They were everywhere. Also saw the biggest alligator I've ever seen in there. Easy 14 ft/1000 lbs. Really cool place.

mattuga

Banned
That's cool you duck hunted on your wedding day. How many days did yall get for that season and what were the limits?

5 wood ducks a day for two weeks. I killed a limit every day i hunted.

Congrats !!! I worked and lived in Savannah back in the mid 80's. Is the Laurel Hill Wildlife Drive still around ? I've been duck hunting an awful long time, and never in my life have I seen the numbers of Bluewing Teal like there. The last time I actually saw the sun get blocked out by birds. They were everywhere. Also saw the biggest alligator I've ever seen in there. Easy 14 ft/1000 lbs. Really cool place.

yes and the gators are still big.

T-N-T

I have not met the lady.
But, bless her heart. She is some kind of saint I'm certain.

Congrats Killer! Hope y'all have at least that many more to come.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
James, I am sure the marriage is better than the duck hunting is today. Gil :cheers:

maconbacon

Only been a bit over 1 year for me but the morning of my wedding we shot geese. It’s great having a family and father in law that are just as obsessed with hunting as I am!

You know what she got for number 37?
A trip to see Alabama and LSU play on 4 November.
I will be in a deer stand.

little rascal

Congrats !

She's a good'un!
I duck hunted the morning before my wedding, even had a duck cake! We dated 13 years, been married 15.
She even bought me a sweet 16 Belgium browning in the box never fired, at 16 years and it's a safe queen!
Don't know why she's so good to me??:huh: