6.5 Grendel

Gunpowder

Anyone use this round for deer ? I have one set up in an AR with match barrel. It shoots same hole at 100 yds. Plan on taking it hunting this fall.

weagle

I just bought a Howa Mini in 6.5 Grendel. Looking for the same information. Seems the 123gr SST is the most commonly recommended deer / pig load.

lonewolf247

Anyone use this round for deer ? I have one set up in an AR with match barrel. It shoots same hole at 100 yds. Plan on taking it hunting this fall.

I’ve been researching this caliber myself. I’m looking at buying one in the near future myself, curious to which brand upper you bought?

jglenn

we run the Nosler 120 BT behind 27gr. of Tac. Outstanding accuracy amd typical BT performamce on deer.

tr21

One of the guys at work has one that he had a local guy put together for him.

Not the gun....but similar to what it looks like:

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/719018692/core15+tac+1:8+65+grendel

He killed a couple deer with it this past season and said he has no complaints. The parts list he said he upgraded over their standard were the trigger & barrel. Said it's very accurate.
go to palmetto state armory and you can build one fairly cheap. its simple to do, built my first ar in less than 2 hrs watching a youtube video.

Gator89

Threaded 20" heavy barrel. 1:8 twist

That is why I went the 7.62 X 39 route for my "micro". 18.5 inch barrel = compact + light weight. The SST is my favorite off the shelf hunting bullet, I use 123 grainers in my little rifle.

Gunpowder

I’ve been researching this caliber myself. I’m looking at buying one in the near future myself, curious to which brand upper you bought?
It is a Double Star lower and a Sanders Armory upper.. it has the 18 1/2 SS match barrel. I have two shooting buddies that have the same upper and theirs shoots as good as mine.

Madman

I don't have a Grendel, I have a Creedmor, and it is a tac driver. Pigs, deer, cyotes, any critter that gets in the crosshair. 20190312_205925_resized.jpg