80 people for BF grant's quota hunt?

huntindawg

It's an experimental forest, what the heck did y'all think was gonna happen??

http://www.warnell.uga.edu/about/facilities/grant-memorial.php

"This forest is managed for research, teaching, service and outreach, and to generate revenue that supports the School and its programs. "

As a graduate of the Warnell School of Forestry, I'm happy they own the land and are able to manage it to generate revenue for the school. I wish they would turn it into a student/alumni hunt and keep everyone that thinks they're "idiots" for managing a natural resource off of the place.

huntindawg

Back to the original premise of the thread, I completely agree, 80 people down there is way too many. Needs to be about 25 on the quota.

H

Hammer Spank

I'm with huntingdawg. But as I'm also a Warnell grad, I could be biased.

25-35 sounds about right for the turkey hunt and 250-300 for the deer hunt would be much better. 400 is really too many on that deer hunt.

H

Hammer Spank

I'm not a Warnell grad. Seems like common sense to me.

:D

Watcha say Hammer Spanky?

Lol

I was referring to only allowing Warnell grads on the property. If you agree, please write your local representatives.:D

hoytman308

Well from what I'm reading it sounds like it's going to be a tough event for me since I got picked for the 1st quota but I promise you it won't stop me from trying to put some feathers over my shoulders!!

Greg Tench

Yep, they cut it about a month ago. Ask James about the first time he hunted Godfrey Lane. It wouldn't bother me so much if they just cut the pines but they mow it down, hardwoods and all.

Man I hate to hear that !! When we hunted it Jody that was some beautiful turkey woods. I remember me you and Brandon got on a bird in those river bottoms just as it was coming a storm that morning.

Covehnter

It's an experimental forest, what the heck did y'all think was gonna happen??

http://www.warnell.uga.edu/about/facilities/grant-memorial.php

"This forest is managed for research, teaching, service and outreach, and to generate revenue that supports the School and its programs. "

As a graduate of the Warnell School of Forestry, I'm happy they own the land and are able to manage it to generate revenue for the school. I wish they would turn it into a student/alumni hunt and keep everyone that thinks they're "idiots" for managing a natural resource off of the place.

:cool::cool:

GA DAWG

The School must be going broke or something cause they have sure done some cutting.

GA DAWG

It ain't management that's happening. Its all out rape of the place. Dont bother me much if they let just forestry folk hunt it. Hard to hunt 10,000ac of planted pines.

bunnyhunter

I was pulled for last years BF Grant quota hunt. I hunted everyday and never saw the first person! A few showed up on the weekend but by Friday only 19 had signed in. Lots of birds too!

bunnyhunter

Had birds but just couldn't close the deal. Was my first time at BF so didn't know the lay of the land. But killed a bird their the week after the quota hunt.