870 Turkey Shooters

fountain

As far as lengthening the forcing cone, that's not completely necessary. If you're shooting lead, you may see some increase in pattern density. If shooting hevi, you may/may not see any difference.
The biggest thing it "could" do is to help reduce recoil.

hhcryan

I put a Nikon scope on mine with Carlson longboard choke shooting the long beard #6’s been great for me so far

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
My dedicated turkey gun is an 870 with the 26” barrel. I run a factory turkey choke(extra full or super full I can’t remember) and fiber optic sights. Federal flight control #6s. I’ve been very satisfied so far. Longest shot was 54yds.

I have the 870 Supermag 12 ga. with 26" barrel with a Remington Super Full choke and Truglo fiber optic sights. I've tried several other chokes but this one patterns the best in my gun. I've been turkey hunting with this combo since 2010 and it has never let me down. It isn't just a dedicated turkey gun though. I shoot ducks, geese, squirrels, pheasants, and dove with it too, just swap out the chokes.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Thanks all for the help, response and insight.

Have heard of Sumtoy but never looked into them. Was thinking of the Kicks route as first choice with Primos second but will throw Sumtoy into the mix.

Good thing is my daughter works at a drug/sporting goods store so she can order for me and I can get a discount.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Give William at Sumtoy a yell. He'll get you setup. Best in the business IMO

This. ^ My 870 is paired with a Sumtoy .675. I shoot Winchester Longbeard XR #6's and get good patterns at 45 yds.

Bob Wallace

I use Primos tightwad chokes in my 870 and 1187 along with Hornady Magnum #5s. Never an issue. Then again I've killed a couple on the run at 30-40 yards with the stock Remington modified choke as well.
No scopes. Just truglo add on fiber optic sights.

bckwzlineman

Heavi shot choke with hevi shot magnum blend is deadly, im not one of these to jump on new products because everyone else is doing it but for some reason i tried this combo and never looked back, first hunt with it i bumped a gobbler off his roost one opening morning and he came back to my calling and hung up at 50 yards, didnt realize it was quiet that far but the magnum blend didnt mind, was my first double beard, still regret not mounting him