?????

SRShunter

Anybody planted yet or is everyone still waiting on the first week of October? I'm still planning on planting the 15th of this month hope it's not to early and everything works out okay. If not it want be the first time I screwed something up?‍♂️

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I’m waiting, likely the first week of October. I do have some sorghum up and it has headed out. It was free seed and May seemed like a good time to plant it. It will soon be tilled and oats will follow.

GAGE

GONetwork Member
I am in the process of buying all my stuff with hopes of staggering my planting between the middle of this month through first week of next month. All depending upon weather of course.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Need cooler weather and rain. Will wait till better conditions prevail.

SRShunter

It shows cooler weather is on the way so hopefully it will come and they won't push it back another week plus with all the hurricanes a brewing in the Atlantic I'm sure we should get some rain. Time will tell. I just know our hunting really picks up when October arrives so I wanna have everything planted so we can focus on hunting and not planting....Pray to God it works out! The farmers almanac says the 13th and 14th are good days so here goes something or nothing then;)(y)

Attachments

• 20180906_192022.jpg
    20180906_192022.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 27

XJfire75

I already did. We’ve had timely rains every other day mostly here in SE Ga and most of our plots were in shaded areas so we took the chance. Overseeded some IC pea plots with clover, chicory and oats and have a few wheat, rye and oat plots planted this weekend. Hopefully we won’t habe a dry October.

SRShunter

Got all of my plots planted today and I tell you what I whipped...still puts a smile on my face to feel like I really accomplished something today!!! Done my part now hopefully the Lord will provide timely rains and the plots will thrive (y)

Jim Boyd

1 October for CMHC.

Oats, winter peas and crimson.

Gonna overseed two white clover plots also.

12.5 acres.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
put in 7 plots yesterday, and got a good slow rain on them today.

By next weekend, we should have a good stand up and growing

hancock husler

Ground in Hancock county is hard as pavement at my place. They have been mowed and will be getting sprayed soon. It’s looking like oct will be planting time

Jim Boyd

Jim did yall get some rain this weekend in your area? Just hoping barnwell got a little

Yes, western Bamberg got several decent rains so I would think that Barnwell did also.

Good luck.

releehweoj

Planted 10 plots on Fri 9/14 with wheat, oats, turnips and rape. Rains came late Sat and all day Sun.

Last edited:

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I think I am planting in Talbot Co this weekend. Suppose to get some rain and cooler temps next week.

killerv

Looks like we've got some pretty good rain chances next week with temps dropping some. Everything is prepped, seed in the carport just waiting on me. Going to atleast get my "shadier" plot planted this weekend. Knock on wood, we've never had any issues with drought and our foodplots, even planting earlier than most. We overdo it on the seed to be on the safe side and I think that has always helped when it comes to birds/turkeys, drought, germination rates maybe not what they should be, etc. Good luck everyone.

SRShunter

I'm headed back up this weekend. Hoping to see a green lush foodplot coming up. I know life is full of disappointments, but I hope this ain't one of them.