A Blessed Easter Evening on Cohutta WMA

Joe Brandon

Kris you are not only very blessed but you are very very good at what you do! Great job!!! Congrats!!! You know those hills as well as I know my small little backyard lol.

whitetailfreak

Congrads kris. Sounds like sunrise service is the way to go on easter. Its always a trophy when its in the cohuttas. an killer with a call made here. I had em fire up last 2 days with only calls from me and anthony but hens, church, and work has kept them alive for another day. Good job

Look who's come out of exile to post on the forum ::ke: That Walnut slate and "Cohutta" Black Locust peg are full of turkey sounds. Thanks again for a great looking and sounding caller.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Yeah!!!:shoot:
Nice photos too!!

Killer Kyle

Awesome work! I went out on Chattahoochee today after lunch looking for an afternoon mtn bird, but struck out. How did you find the bird? I didn't call once today. Just walked, looked, and listened. Great mountain bird man. They're the best!!

Might give this a try on my next afternoon hunt. Got a perfect spot in mind, and a loud slate on glass to try. Went there yesterday afternoon. REAL steep terrain. It was a new place to me. Only called a few times. Heard one hen down the ridge, bit saw lots of turkey sign and gobbler droppings. It is REAL deep and REAL steep. I'll give it a try next week on my day off. I pulled in two toms on a string yesterday on Chattahoochee WMA, but thought I was just calling in one. The one I was working was in gun range, and I was waiting for an opening to shoot, when I heard a putt putt to my left, and busted. Another gobbler was standing in an opening looking straight at me. He got a great education yesterday, so I'm hoping he won't be too call shy if I lay off for a couple weeks. Great mountain bird man. Love those ridge top photos!