A lost sheep

atlashunter

All things are fulfilled. Just because we can't see it yet doesn't mean it's not.

Heb. 2:8-9
8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

That’s funny because your religious text has a final book called Revelation that describes events most Christians expect to happen in the future in order to fulfill prophecy yet unfulfilled. Guess those Christians didn’t get the memo along with the rest of the world that all is fulfilled and heaven and earth have passed away. Even though we are still here on the earth.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
That’s funny because your religious text has a final book called Revelation that describes events most Christians expect to happen in the future in order to fulfill prophecy yet unfulfilled. Guess those Christians didn’t get the memo along with the rest of the world that all is fulfilled and heaven and earth have passed away. Even though we are still here on the earth.
He acknowledged that he is familiar with Revelation earlier when I asked. The events must have happened in imaginary land where it does not need to be seen, just believed.

welderguy

Key here is it's spiritual, not so much physical. But even the physical is a done deal, when in the realm of timelessness.
For example, He was as a lamb slain before the foundation of the world.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Key here is it's spiritual, not so much physical. But even the physical is a done deal, when in the realm of timelessness.
Good luck with that.
Spiritual Convenience..... I like that

atlashunter

So the events predicted in Revelation won't be physical? If you say so. :huh:

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Matthew 18 12:14

12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?

13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.

14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

:pop:

Artfuldodger

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

I guess even a sheep that normally follows can occasionally go astray. Maybe they eventually hear the voice again when the Shepherd gets near.

atlashunter

My sheep are all bound for the dinner table.

ambush80

Matthew 18 12:14

12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?

13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.

14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

An all powerful being need not let them. But he do. And he may even inflict needless suffering on them on Earth before he torments them forever.

ky55

An all powerful being need not let them. But he do. And he may even inflict needless suffering on them on Earth before he torments them forever.

No big deal. They were worthless when they were born.
They deserve it.

ambush80

No big deal. They were worthless when they were born.
They deserve it.

But....red,yellow, black and white. All are precious in His sight.

This is such low hanging fruit. It's not even mildly amusing to debate.

redwards

But....red,yellow, black and white. All are precious in His sight.

This is such low hanging fruit. It's not even mildly amusing to debate.

A C. S. Lewis quote on pride.

"Pride gets no pleasure out of having something, only out of having more of it than the next man... It is the comparison that makes you proud: the pleasure of being above the rest. Once the element of competition is gone, pride is gone."

atlashunter

Better pride where it is warranted than faith where it isn’t.

ambush80

A C. S. Lewis quote on pride.

"Pride gets no pleasure out of having something, only out of having more of it than the next man... It is the comparison that makes you proud: the pleasure of being above the rest. Once the element of competition is gone, pride is gone."

Ridiculous. Pride can be felt in a personal achievement, though it be sub standard compared to anyone else.

What's more prideful, to believe one has a mainline to God's ear or to claim agnosticism about things one doesn't have any real knowledge of?