A new learning curve

GADAWGS

It took me a while to actually learn how to properly turn a piece of wood. Got with a professional who showed me some techniques that almost negated sanding. Well, now I have tackled a different animal altogether, CORIAN. I am beginning to believe that Corian is a Swahili word for DONT DO THIS!!!!! That stuff is as hard as woodpecker lips. :banginghe It only took me two days to turn this one, started figuring out some things toward the end that should help on the next one. Once it is turned and sanded, it looks great

corianslate600x400.jpg

Gut_Pile

That is some very pretty wood and a great looking call!

Nice meeting you at the blast!

Dudley Do-Wrong

That is some very pretty wood and a great looking call!

Nice meeting you at the blast!

It ain't wood, it's sorta like synthetic marble.

rutandstrut

Lee that is some hard stuff to turn and takes a while to sand and polish it out! Great looking Call!

GADAWGS

Thanks Tim. The most time soncuming for me is sharpening my tools every 2 minutes:D Gonna try some scrapers tomorrow and see if I can get it done easier.

gobblingghost

I ain't that bad its just plastic

rutandstrut

Thanks Tim. The most time soncuming for me is sharpening my tools every 2 minutes:D Gonna try some scrapers tomorrow and see if I can get it done easier.

Your welcome! Try keeping a cup or bowl of ice water by your lathe and dip your tools in it while turning. It worked good fo me. I can't wait to put that Myrtle Wood Duck that I got from you at the Blast to use this Fall!

Last edited:

gobblingghost

I dont like you anymore, this is all yer fault to begin with. Hope you like this one

You ASKED FOR IT:rofl::rofl:::ke:
Besides you only have enough to make a few calls

GADAWGS

Your welcome! Try keeping a cup or bowl of ice water by your lathe and dip your tools in it while turning. It worked good fo me. I can't wait to put that Myrtle Wood Duck that I got from you at the Blast to use this Fall!

Good idea Tim thanks. And send me some pictures of dead ducks

WFL

Looks good.
Now can you turn it with carbide.

WFL

Try use-enco.com They have low end tools that are good. I get some for the regular machine and the test stuff. Then move to the other ones. lol

If we can figure how to hold it I have 6000 rpms and 600 psi of water. :biggrin2:

gobblingghost

Can ya'll feel the love????