A quick prayer for a fella Fly Fisherman (Update with a heavy heart)

Oak-flat Hunter

Praying for the mercy of the Father to encompass You and Your family with love and strength.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Any updates?

whitetailfreak

Any updates?

Thanks for asking, Steve was finally released from the hospital several weeks ago, and is at home now. He still can't walk, but his speech is improving. My grandmother spoke to his wife several days ago, and he was having gal bladder issues as well and had to return to the hospital. He's got a long road to recovery, but he's tough as a pine knot.

Dialer

A really good family friend and one of the best fly fisherman around, Steve Claxton of Bryson City and Smoky Mountain Adventures Guide Service has suffered a series of strokes and is in ICU in Asheville. He and his wife Becky could use some prayers if y'all see fit.
In my prayers!

whitetailfreak

I posted an update at the top of this thread. Please keep his wife Becky in your thoughts and prayers.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I hate to hear it.

Cook&Bro

Very sad news. Praying for his wife, family, and friends.

gunnurse

Surely, he had already felt the hand of God as he surveyed one of the most peaceful creations ever made, the solitude of a trout stream. May the mercy of a loving God surround his wife, family, and those who knew him.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
My condolences.

A really good family friend and one of the best fly fisherman around, Steve Claxton of Bryson City and Smoky Mountain Adventures Guide Service has suffered a series of strokes and is in ICU in Asheville. He and his wife Becky could use some prayers if y'all see fit.

Update:

Steve passed away this morning and Western North Carolina has lost one of its finest. He was a great man and easily the best fly fisherman I ever knew. He lived to share his knowledge of fly fishing the Smokies with others. Please keep his wife Becky in your prayers.

View attachment 983146
Godspeed to the family and friends in these times.

I pray the good Lord takes me home in the spring with my call in my mouth and my shotgun in my hands.