A Welcome break from things political...

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Whoa...he's been a bit busy today. Starting to look like something. We'll prime it and hit the switch tomorrow evening. (Hope we remember to take a video clip during all the excitement). Christmas comes early!

It's a factory Air Conditioning equipped truck, but that system needs some work so what you see for now is the mounting bracket modded a bit to mount the Alternator.
V__BF38(2).jpg

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
That's one sweet looking resurrected ride!

JrobertsJ20

Whoa...he's been a bit busy today. Starting to look like something. We'll prime it and hit the switch tomorrow evening. (Hope we remember to take a video clip during all the excitement). Christmas comes early!

It's a factory Air Conditioning equipped truck, but that system needs some work so what you see for now is the mounting bracket modded a bit to mount the Alternator.
View attachment 950149
Thank you for all the threads, encouragement, and complements. Working on the truck my grandfather used to take me hunting in..well it's just a great feeling. Many Thanks to Normaldave for all the help, words can't express my thanks... I just received access to GON today, so I'll attach some updates

normaldave

GON Weatherman
"It's Alive..."
V__CCCB(2).jpg
All is well after the break-in procedure. Sounds pretty good, Melling CL-MTA-1 cam kit, etc. Attached the hood, test drive, now a short tuning punch list.
Thanks for playing along on the forum. Happy Thanksgiving!

MudDucker

Staff member
Sweet! After redoing a 68' half cab bronco that was a farm truck myself, my hats off to this good looking restoration.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Video clip right after break-in, (Twitter link, couldn't find another easy way to post it).
Jeep J20 comes back to life...
Today, it's on the road home to the old family farm near Pine Mountain. :banana:
Happy Thanksgiving!

JrobertsJ20

I wanted to thank everyone for your comments, this has been and continues to be a fun project for me. I am very thankful for normaldave's guidance and help turn wrenches. This was a huge learning opportunity that I can't thank him enough for. Attached picture of my dad who has been Making America Great since 1947 and my son at Star Mill on old 85.

Attachments

• Dad .JPG
    Dad .JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Justin Stars Mill..JPG
    Justin Stars Mill..JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 20

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
What a great looking restoration.(y)(y)(y) Just needed to add some hang on the door cup holders.:ROFLMAO:

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Hey folks... JrobertsJ20 truck won the "cover photo" for Bartow Southern Jeepers page: (on the book of faces, which I don't have...)
Bartow Southern Jeepers
64925023_2347556222180211_5459532555730550784_n.jpg

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Got those same H2 wheels on my Chevy K20 :fine:

JrobertsJ20

Stock wheels were 16.5", which is an odd size except for military vehicles. My tire choices greatly increased when I went up to 17" wheels. My next project that normaldave has got me into is to do a suspension lift (4" leaf springs on front) and level the back (2.5" or 3" block and/or helper springs). I'll update the results in a few weeks. Thanks

JrobertsJ20

Got those same H2 wheels on my Chevy K20 :fine:
Nice, I actually bought the wheels and tires off Craigslist for $300. The guy that sold them to me had them on his dads J20, so he had already reamed out the center for the J20 hub to fit. Worked out good so far!