Abnormally huge catfish spotted at dam

GarAngler71

I work inside one of the dams here in Georgia. Those stories are absolutely, positively, without a doubt.... FALSE. Occasionally we have to install bulkheads and unwater the generators in order to inspect the turbines and wicket gates. We have to go in and get the fish out so that they don't start stinking up the place when they die. The biggest catfish I have seen are about 60 lbs.That being said, I have picked up some nice largemouths with my hands that are bigger than most of the ones that I have seen people mount.

That would be a cool job!Maybe not dealing with the dead fish tho!

Oldstick

I know some folks that were parked in a car way out in the woods, they heard a strange noise, tried to slam the car in gear but something was holding it, finally got free, and later found claw scratches all the way down the side.

:rofl::rofl:

Money man

I know some folks that were parked in a car way out in the woods, they heard a strange noise, tried to slam the car in gear but something was holding it, finally got free, and later found claw scratches all the way down the side.

:rofl::rofl:

You think that is unbelievable.....I know a guy who caught a very large bass and posted it on the GON forum and no questioned him or called Bullsnot on it! :D

big_bird

On the other end of the spectrum, did anyone see the show on the Discovery channel about the tiny catfish that swam up some poor guy's urine stream and a surgeon had to remove it?

I think I'd rather be eaten alive by one of those VWs.
i saw that!! dont Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ---- in the water in a forigen country!!!

jalawson

You think that is unbelievable.....I know a guy who caught a very large bass and posted it on the GON forum and no questioned him or called Bullsnot on it! :D

Now that is unbelievable! By the way, I found a fascinating article on weighing large bass earlier in the week. I meant to post it up. It basically breaks down weighing bass into two different formulas. After reading the article and looking at the charts, I think there is very little one can do to accurately estimate the weight of a bass from photos.

Or catfish that are as big as Volkswagens for that matter (didn't mean to hijack the thread).

Latest posts