Abolish 12 inch size limit for largemouth bass?

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Trolling ?

You want to catch a limit of ditch pickles? Go trolling for crappie...I can't keep the nasty things off my baits.

We will keep a limit of ditch pickles and feed the barn cats with them.

fish hawk

Bass Master
You want to catch a limit of ditch pickles? Go trolling for crappie...I can't keep the nasty things off my baits.

We will keep a limit of ditch pickles and feed the barn cats with them.

Totally irrelevant post on the thread topic,no one cares that you dont like to bass fish.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Totally irrelevant post on the thread topic,no one cares that you dont like to bass fish.

I did not say I didn't like to fish for ditch pickles. I was merely commenting that I catch alot of useless fish ( i.e ditch pickles, Hybrid, Stripers) while trolling. Is it my favorite fish to fish for...no, far from it but I will fish for them from time to time ....just like alot of other different species fresh and salt water...I am not obsessed with just ditch pickles.

Besides its a public forum, I can freely comment on whatever I chose to whether its (considered) irreverent or not...dont like it tough.

Last edited:

61BelAir

I would like to see it go if it came along with new rules to protect some of the larger fish. Florida's new rules sure look good to me. I believe that if people kept a lot of dinks and could only keep one big one then overall numbers would still be okay because more breeding sized fish would remain. Also I think it would cut back on some overcrowding and improve the size/quality of fish.

lampern

The question is would hordes of bass under 12 inches be harvested if the size limit went?

That doesn’t seem the case on Lake Juliet?

I personally release the lgmth I catch but others might not

HookinLips

The question is would hordes of bass under 12 inches be harvested if the size limit went?

That doesn’t seem the case on Lake Juliet?

I personally release the lgmth I catch but others might not

My initial response to this question is No. I saw a "poll" that was taken somewhere and it was something along the lines of 70ish percent of bass anglers do NOT keep the bass they catch, so I don't know that this would change much. I also don't know how true that poll is. The "polls" also said Hillary Clinton was going to be our next president. :D

lampern

Unless I can see evidence that the 12 inch size limit is doing something positive for the current state of bass fishing on public waters, its an unnecessary regulation anymore.

As said above the vast majority of bass fishers release their catch.