About That Steel Wall

drhunter1

Concrete is more easily defeated than steel by more rudimentary implements. Most 3rd world invaders aren't walking around with a plasma torch but they can get a sledgehammer and cold chisel and go to town. May take em a while but they aint never gonna be sawed through with a hack saw. By the time they are able to get through with a Milwaukee or Dewalt, the battery will be dead.

Those cuts are not with a "simple tool" in that photo. That's a plasma torch. Look at the jagged nature of the cut.

NBC is not a reliable source again and it's my assessment that this is propaganda.

Thread starter #3
Those cuts are not with a "simple tool" in that photo. That's a plasma torch. Look at the jagged nature of the cut.
It probably is so you have to ask yourself who would have a plasma torch on that side of the border?

1. Illegal Alien Trafficking Coyotes Amalgamated Union - Border chapter.

2. The cocaine monkeys.

drhunter1

It probably is so you have to ask yourself who would have a plasma torch on that side of the border?

1. Illegal Alien Trafficking Coyotes Amalgamated Union - Border chapter.

2. The cocaine monkeys.
It looks staged to me. It might have been an acetylene torch. This is probably not even at the border. I think it probably never happened as being reported.

But if it did, it probably was the cartel.

Thread starter #5
It looks staged to me. It might have been an acetylene torch. This is probably not even at the border. I think it probably never happened as being reported.

But if it did, it probably was the cartel.
Of course it's staged. It's probably photoshopped. The point of it is a feeble attempt to prove walls don't work. If walls don't work, why are there so many of them?

drhunter1

Of course it's staged. It's probably photoshopped. The point of it is a feeble attempt to prove walls don't work. If walls don't work, why are there so many of them?
They do work. But only for the rich and connected politicians.

Thread starter #7
They do work. But only for the rich and connected politicians.
Of course they do but this is "Who you gonna believe, me or your lyin' eyes?" The useful idiots will go for the Okey Doke.

drhunter1

Of course they do but this is "Who you gonna believe, me or your lyin' eyes?" The useful idiots will go for the Okey Doke.
You got that right. That's the propaganda portion of it.

bassboy1

Concrete is more easily defeated than steel by more rudimentary implements. Most 3rd world invaders aren't walking around with a plasma torch but they can get a sledgehammer and cold chisel and go to town. May take em a while but they aint never gonna be sawed through with a hack saw. By the time they are able to get through with a Milwaukee or Dewalt, the battery will be dead.

NBC is not a reliable source again and it's my assessment that this is propaganda.
Forget plasma cutter. Requires electricity and compressed air. Oxy-acet torch is easily portable, requires no power, cheap, and is definitely available south of the border. And fast. Assuming that is the real design for the wall, the damage that's visible a 10 minute project to breach, and could be done with a tiny torch bottle set that can be carried by one person.

It does look as if the square tubes were filled with sand. An improvement to that would be to fill them with concrete, but now we're coming full circle, and creating longevity issues (corrosion from inside out).

drhunter1

Forget plasma cutter. Requires electricity and compressed air. Oxy-acet torch is easily portable, requires no power, cheap, and is definitely available south of the border. And fast. Assuming that is the real design for the wall, the damage that's visible a 10 minute project to breach, and could be done with a tiny torch bottle set that can be carried by one person.

It does look as if the square tubes were filled with sand. An improvement to that would be to fill them with concrete, but now we're coming full circle, and creating longevity issues (corrosion from inside out).
Here's the problem. That's probably not at the wall. That's probably in Hoboken New Jersey. This is propaganda.

The fact of the matter is that the wall in what ever material its made of will be 100X more effective and defended by border troops than an open border.

Paleo

From the article:
A photo exclusively obtained by NBC News shows the results of the test after military and Border Patrol personnel were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools.
It's quicker and easier just to go over a wall or fence .

Thread starter #16
Concrete with number 12 rebar would require hammer chisels and torches to breach.
Make it 5 or 6 feet thick up to about 15 feet high. They would have to hammer for a long, long time to get through.

Bigtimber

I imagine anything can be beat....concrete, steel, landmines.... whatever.....trick I imagine is to slow them down enough to were the heavy armed border patrol vehicle cruises up and starts making some nasty examples of what will happen if you caught messing with the wall.

Thread starter #18
I imagine anything can be beat....concrete, steel, landmines.... whatever.....trick I imagine is to slow them down enough to were the heavy armed border patrol vehicle cruises up and starts making some nasty examples of what will happen if you caught messing with the wall.
That would be the general idea. Having the wall at strategic border crossing points means border patrol cops can be a lot more efficient and actually enforce the border. That's the main reason Democrats are against it.

PappyHoel

It doesnt matter who or how it was cut. Its a litmus test. If someone cuts it, goes over it, or under it, we know they are a criminal. If you dont show up at the port of entry and declare your status you are a criminal.

Thats what the wall is for.

Balrog

The people who oppose the wall because "walls don't work" really oppose the wall because walls work too well.

Why do castles and forts always have walls?

Walls have worked for about 5,000 years and will continue to work. The fact that we are even discussing whether or not walls keep people out is a sign of just how stupid we have become.