Acorns & Deer ?

How2fish

One of the things looks like I won't get to hear this year..is on a cold clear calm morning that "pop" sound a deer makes when biting an acorn in half !! By the time it gets cold the acorns will be gone! Heck at this rate it may be spring b4 it gets cold...

Scouter

How2fish, what do you mean, the acorns will be gone before it gets colds. Every where I have been, the ground has been covered. The trees are still loaded and the acorns are still coming down. There will be plenty of acorns when the cold weather hits.

How2fish

How2fish said:
One of the things looks like I won't get to hear this year..is on a cold clear calm morning that "pop" sound a deer makes when biting an acorn in half !! By the time it gets cold the acorns will be gone! Heck at this rate it may be spring b4 it gets cold...
Scouter I was funnin ya...but only a little its the last week of Oct and the extended forecast calls for highs in the 70's for the next week at least...I HOPE your right... :flag:

H

HT2

gafish.....

The only thing they don't eat is the "cap" of the nut.....

They pop it off then they "CHOW DOWN"!!!!!!! :fine: :fine:

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
I shot a buck once that had 2 or 3 gallons worth of giant white oak acorns in him.not a single one of them was chewed up. I walked by the gut pile the next day, and all of them had been eaten. the only tracks that where there where deer!

reylamb

Heck, most of the nuts we have on the ground now are rotting. The deer just did not seem to hit them this year because of the storms. Then again, about 75% of our crop was on the ground before archery season opened.

How2fish

HT2 said:
The only thing they don't eat is the "cap" of the nut.....

They pop it off then they "CHOW DOWN"!!!!!!! :fine: :fine:
That was the "pop" I meant in my 1st post...on a calm morning that sound carries..!!