Adultery Question????

deermeat270

Banned
Ok...Heres a debate and the following information may or may not be true.

Question: If you are friends with someone and know for a FACT that their spouse is cheating...should you tell? Would you tell?

I personally do not / or will not get involved. However, with that being said...I would want someone to tell me if my wife was going out on me?

Tough subject...Just thought I would bring it up for debate.

Deer

H

HT2

Whoa!!!!!!!!

That is a tough situation to be in.......

As for me.......

If'n I Knew for a fact.......And it was a very, very good friend.....I'd have no reservations about tellin' them.......

I'd want the same done for me.....

leadoff

GONetwork Member
deermeat270 said:
....Question: If you are friends with someone and know for a FACT that their spouse is cheating...should you tell? Would you tell?....Deer

Not if you are the one they are doing the cheating with!!! ;) :bounce:

Would it be better to confront the spouse doing the dirty deed to let them know that you know? If that fails, then confront your friend? Man, tough question!

GeauxLSU

I guess it all depends on your definition of friend.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Randy

If he is a friend you would be doing your friend a favor by telling him. I would tell a friend.

WildHair

If I were your friend and if I ever found out that you knew and didn't tell me then you and I would have some real problems. :whip:

deermeat270

Banned
The reason I bring it up is because there are unknowns. What if they have an open relationship? What if the spouse knows and doesnt care?

I think its best just not to say anything at all. However, those that commit adultry in my book are lower than the lowest piece of pond scum you can find.

Deer

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Josh,

I believe the answer is in prayer and asking for Holy discernment to deal with the specific problem at hand.

There is no "yes! tell him/her!" or "No! Mind your own business!" answer for this one.

deermeat270

Banned
I believe you are correct Jeff. Its just like a catch 22...and i am all for mind my own business:)

Deer

H

HT2

Well.....

For me personally.....

If they were a "real" friend and later on I discovered that they knew and didn't tell me........We wouldn't be what you might call "real" friends......

Heck!!!!!!!

I wish I had a friend that would of told me!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

CAL

I try to stay out of anyones personal business.I find it to be a no win situation.In the end both will turn against you and then you are the loser!I think sometimes it is better to not know so much,keep your mouth shut,and mind your own business!

Al33

I know, here I go again with my relativity thing, but the friends character, demeaner, emotional stamina, mental well being, ans personal circumstances would all come into play in such a decision.

I would want to be sure my friend could handle the truth and trust i meant only to protect him or her. What if the friend has children, what will the revelation do to them. Sometimes things are better off not known, you know, ignorance is bliss kind of thing. Also, maybe it is something that will pass and the cheating spouse will come to his or her senses.

I never worried about my spouse cheating on me. She never gave me any reason too, but more significantly, I knew there was absolutely nothing I could do to stop it if she had a mind to do it.

I think it is best to keep your mouth shut unless the friend is closer than a brother and all other things are considered protected.

Al

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Change it around a bit....

What if your best friend was cheating on his/her spouse....do you tell their spouse?

Jim

H

HT2

J T.....

Without question I would...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I might not be "friends" with his wife...... :confused:

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Is telling him anonymously an option?

georgiaboy

Just happened to a guy I am close with. His partner's wife was calling him and wanting to "meet". He finally agreed to meet at a very public place to see what she wanted. She solicited him to put it mildly. Friend told his own wife and his partner. Partner didn't believe him but confronted his wife anyway. Partner's wife told partner that is was a misunderstanding and partner believed her. Sad for him but she will be caught one day.

ill put in my 2 cents worth and that is if i found out my wife had committed adultery on me especially with my best friend boy would i be confused but my ""friend "" would be confused big time cause he wouldnt know where he was after i hit him with a steel pipe in the face !!!! :whip: :whip: :whip: then i could not describe my feelings towards my wife after that !!! but it would be a sad day!!!

deerslayer1988

ya it's easy to say what you might or might not do but when i was married to the first old hag. one of the best friends i thought i had in the military started sleeping with her & every body knew but knowbody would say finilly the neighbor told me and needless to I was one friend less :whip:

MudDucker

Staff member
I agree that it depends on the friend. I would hope a friend would tell me if they knew.

However, I've had friends who were having marital troubles and when I told them that the only thing it added up to was cheating, they all denied that as being a possibility. In all cases, it turned out to be the case.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I would want to know, BUT.....

I would want some DETAIL, how to catch her/them, etc. Not just "she's runnin' around on you with some dude".

Send a picture anonymously. :eek:

T