Advice Needed About a Traffic Ticket

adrilling

Thank you for info. My 19 yr old son also received following too closely ticket for accident. So we should say 'not guilty', judge will set a court date and hope no shows on the other driver and officer? Anyone know about the 18-20 yr. old TLC/PTIT deal in Atlanta traffice court? I'm ok with defensive driving, showing insurance claim paid, but not an extensive probation or community service hours, etc.

georgiadawgs44

Thank you for info. My 19 yr old son also received following too closely ticket for accident. So we should say 'not guilty', judge will set a court date and hope no shows on the other driver and officer? Anyone know about the 18-20 yr. old TLC/PTIT deal in Atlanta traffice court? I'm ok with defensive driving, showing insurance claim paid, but not an extensive probation or community service hours, etc.

As long as your insurance company takes care of the claim then the other party will most likely not be at court. The officer that wrote the ticket is not a witness as he didn’t see it occur. Therefore if the other party doesn’t show up there will be no witnesses against him. I’m not giving out legal advice though, that’s just been my experience, twice now.
As far as PTIT goes, check with the clerk of the traffic court. They will get you the information for it. I didn’t like the price is why we chose court. If they accept him in the PTIT program they won’t report it to the DMV and no points will be on his record.