Advice

Aggieraf

I live in Dallas but will be in the northern Atlanta area for Christmas. I wanted to go on a duck or goose hunt while I’m there. Can anyone recommend a guide that I can use? What should I be looking for, I’ve never hunted in Georgia. Is goose better than duck hunting? Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Quackmasterofgeorgia

I live in Dallas but will be in the northern Atlanta area for Christmas. I wanted to go on a duck or goose hunt while I’m there. Can anyone recommend a guide that I can use? What should I be looking for, I’ve never hunted in Georgia. Is goose better than duck hunting? Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Expect to be disappointed more than anything. Divers would be the best thing to target, other than coot, geese are pretty easy to shoot, just need to have permission. Scout, and you should be fine.

across the river

I have never hunted when them and know nothing about them. As others have mentioned, I would not personally pay for any sort of guided waterfowl hunt in Georgia. However, I'm here to help, so here you go. They should be able to put you one your three wood ducks. If they can't, for what they charge, then they shouldn't be even advertising guided hunts.

http://riverthroughatlanta.com/hunting/duck-hunting/

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Lol @ daylight til 9 am for the ga hunt

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
You'd be better off hiring a guide and go catch a boat load of stripers. At least you'd be getting your money's worth then.

Aggieraf

Thanks fellas. That’s what I was afraid of. I typically hunt every day during the Christmas break but the wife pulled this trip on me so I wanted to try and make up some hunts. It looks like I’ll wait till I get back home and hunt.

Much appreciated if your in north Texas I’d love to repay the advice favor.

Aggieraf